The people who stand out in their niches are the ones with strong reputations. When we decide between two products, we look at the reputations of those products and the people who made them. The bestselling author gets more sales than the author who just started because the bestselling author has a stronger reputation. In order to build your reputation in your niche and stand out from the crowd, these are 5 things that you need to do.
- Get on social networks, but that also means YouTube! Get on social networks has been shoved down our throats. We need the Twitter, the Facebook, the Google+, the Pinterest, and all of the other social networks as well. However, many people forget about YouTube. YouTube gives you a chance to shine because there is no skimming in a video. In a blog post, you can skim through the content. You can decide which content is important and which content can be skipped over. In a video, skimming is no longer an option which makes the viewer listen to and absorb more of your information. There are also some easy ways to look more professional on YouTube such as a buttoned shirt, better background, better lighting, and a bonus, having a white board behind you.
- Appear on multiple places on the web. Whether you are a guest blogger or get interviewed, you need to appear on as many websites as possible. Tell people on your blog that you are available for interviews. Including that on your blog alone will encourage more people to interview you. Being a guest blogger will allow your content to reach a new audience that is similar to the audience that you already have. Being a guest blogger will emphasize that your content is good enough to be featured on other people’s blogs.
- Write a paperback book and publish it to the world. Writing a paperback book means you were able to put enough ideas and concepts about your niche together to create a lengthy book. A lengthy book will tell your customers that you know a lot about your niche. As a result, your reputation in your niche will grow.
- Be consistent and frequent. Posting on your social networks several times every day, publishing 1 YouTube video every week, and publishing 1 blog post every day will all build your reputation. Consistency and frequency put together will show people that you are putting in a lot of work and effort in your niche. People will have a greater appreciation for all of the things that you do. The more times people see you, the more likely they are to trust your products and services.
- Boost your number of followers the right way. It’s easy to catch someone who bought fake followers. However, people will respect what you do if most of your followers are real. The people with strong reputations in their niches are the ones with thousands of real followers, and some of these people have over 100,000 real followers. By boosting your numbers the right way, you will be able to grow your audience of people who respect and admire you for what you do.
Those are the 5 ways to build your reputation in your niche. Although none of these methods can be applied successfully overnight, implementing these methods will have a long-term big impact on your reputation. What are your thoughts on the list? What advice do you have about building a reputation in your niche? Please share your thoughts and advice below.