The reason why most blogs do not take off is because they do not get shared on social networks often. Getting your blog shared on social networks is the best way to get more traffic to your blog. My blog’s traffic rises in direct relation to the number of tweets I send out in a given day and when I gain more targeted followers. In order to get your blog posts shared more often, follow these 7 tips:
- Include social sharing buttons either at the top or bottom of all of your blog posts. By including social sharing buttons, you are giving your readers an easier way to share your blog posts. Your readers will be less inclined to share a blog post if that involves copying the link, going to the social network, pasting the link, and writing some text. Make it as easy as possible for people to share your blog posts.
- Grow targeted followings on one or multiple social networks. Targeted followings are critical to the growth of your blog. Targeted followers are more likely to reshare your posts and engage with you in a conversation.
- Write a strong title. Many times, people share a blog post based on the title. Few people who share blog posts take the time to read the entire blog posts. Most people just skim through parts of a blog post.
- Write quality content. Although most people skim through blog posts, it is still important to write quality content. If someone reads through enough of your blog post to determine that it is a quality blog post, that person will share the blog post. If someone comes back and share two more blog posts because of quality content, that person will be sharing your blog posts on a daily basis since they know you provide quality content. By writing quality content, you will be creating blog posts that are worth sharing.
- Write blog posts consistently and frequently. If you write one blog post every day, your blog posts are more likely to get shared on social networks. In addition, you should post all of your blog posts at the same time of the day. If everyone knows when you publish your blog posts, they will all visit your blog at that time to read the new content.
- Share your blog posts on your own social networks. Having the targeted followers will not be as valuable if you do not share your blog posts via your social networks. If you want other people to share your blog posts, you will have to share them as well. This will enforce the importance of writing content on your blog that you would be proud to share.
- Boost the SEO. If your blog is SEO equipped, your blog will get targeted visitors. When your blog gets targeted visitors, those visitors will be more likely to share your blog posts than non-targeted visitors. Boosting your SEO will allow you to get more visitors from Google who search phrases related to your blog’s content.
These are the seven ways to get more people to share your blog posts. By implementing these tactics consistently, people will share your blog posts at an exponential rate. What are your thoughts about the list, and do you have any additional tips you would like to recommend?