In order to get more goals accomplished, we need to be productive for as much time as we can. There are many things that prevent us from being productive such as television, surfing the web, and other forms of procrastination. However, there are several productivity hacks that can boost your productivity. While some of these productivity hacks are obvious such as setting goals and fulfilling deadlines, there are other productivity hacks that are not as obvious. These are the 10 productivity hacks that are not as obvious.
- Exercise. Exercising has been proven as a great way to boost productivity. Exercising requires determination, and after you are done lifting the weights or running around your neighborhood, you will be able to take that same determination to your work. In addition, exercising allows you to clear the mind and do something that does not require you to sit behind a desk.
- Have a chain of accomplishments and keep that chain going. If you want to boost your productivity, get a calendar and put a red “X” on each day that you accomplish your goal. Having this visible chain will make you want to keep that streak going for as long as possible. Once you have a good streak, you will never want that streak to end. In order to keep the streak going, you will have to boost your productivity.
- Meditate. Meditating clears the mind and empowers the soul. Once you are finished meditating, you will feel empowered as you continue your work. Instead of stopping and encountering writer’s block, meditation gives you the imagination you need to finish writing blog posts and books.
- Uninterrupted work. Social media has a big impact on our productivity. A big mistake people make is to check their social networks while working “for a few minutes.” Those few minutes turn into 30 minutes that you lost. If you are working on a goal, the work you do needs to be uninterrupted. Make sure your phone is out of sight and that you will not do anything else to procrastinate.
- Start work earlier and work fewer hours. You do not need to work for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days every year to get your goals accomplished. The secret is waking up earlier. We are at our peak of productivity when we wake up in the morning. As a result, you will be able to get more done in the morning. Then, you will not have to work as long throughout the day.
- Get a second monitor for your computer. A common reason why many people are not productive is because they have too many things up on their computer. If you are one of these people, then you need a second monitor. One monitor can contain all of the clutter while the other monitor only contains your work. If you want to be even more productive, get two monitors.
- Don’t think about how much time your goal will take. Many people overthink the situation. I was a big overthinker with my Twitter following. When I was gaining 100 followers every day, I calculated too often how long it would take for me to reach 100,000 followers. Now, I no longer do any of those calculations. In the end, performing a calculation does not get me any closer to my goal. Instead of thinking about how much time your goal will take, start thinking of some ways to make your goal happen faster.
- Achieve three goals per day. Three is the magic number. If you are just starting to be more productive, giving yourself 10 goals to accomplish in 1 day will overwhelm you. However, only giving yourself 1 goal will make that day too easy. Three is the magic number that will make your day not too overwhelming but not too easy either.
- Declutter your working space. If you are the type of person with a lot of papers on their desk, sticky notes all over the place, plants, and other things on your desk, then you need to clean that desk. Clutter encourages distraction. If you lift your head from your computer screen and stare at the clutter, you will be wasting valuable time. What you need to do is declutter your working space so you are able to be more productive. Another benefit is that by having nothing on your desk, you will pay more attention to the sticky notes that you place on your desk.
- Learn to say no. Not everything is worth doing. If you say yes to everything, then some of your time will be wasted on doing things that are not important. Do not be afraid to say no. Saying no will save you a lot of time in the long run.
Those are the 10 productivity hacks. By implementing these tactics, you will be able to increase your productivity. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you use any other productivity hacks? Please share your thoughts and productivity hacks below.