Google Plus used to be a ghost town, but it is now the second largest social network. The under dog came from behind with the help of more people learning about Google Plus, more visitors, and of course, the search engine Google.
Nevertheless, Google Plus has become an important social network. However, not everyone is using Google Plus to its potential. Here are five powerful ways to get more followers on Google Plus.
- Post on Google Plus consistently. The only way your followers are going to remember you is if you are active on Google Plus. By being active, you will commonly appear on your followers’ timelines. More of your followers will be able to share your posts with their followers. As more people share your content, you will also get more followers.
- Follow a lot of people on Google Plus. By identifying yourself as someone who follows back, people are likely to follow you just for the follow back. However, after seeing what you post, the people who originally followed you for the follow back will stick around, click on links, and share your posts.
- Answer your followers’ questions. When potential followers see you as a helpful person, they will follow you and ask a question. Every day, ask your followers if they have any questions for you. However, if you schedule this post, schedule it at a time when you will be able to answer the question as soon as possible.
- Put a Google Plus icon on your blog. After visitors are done viewing your blog, having the Google Plus icon in handy will allow you to get more followers. Show the Google Plus icon at the sidebar of your blog where people will see it as they scroll down.
- Host a giveaway on Google Plus. Giveaways are great ways to build buzz around your Google Plus account and get more followers. If you giveaway one of your own products, you get to self promote yourself at the same time!