Writer’s block comes around and gets everyone. Authors temporarily lose the desire to write, blog posts don’t get written, and tweets don’t get posted. Writer’s block is a problem that everyone faces, but there are ways to fix writer’s block.
- Get outside. The nice fresh air is going to make all of the difference. When you’re outside, don’t bring your pen, paper, or computer with you. If you go outside and continue to write, the problem is not going to be solved.
- Get exercise. Exercise is very motivating, and that motivation can turn into your next blog post. If you run outside, you will be able to see a lot of things in your neighborhood that you might normally miss. Anything that you can see can turn into your next blog post.
- You are going to have to write your way out of writer’s block. After you get the exercise in or that fresh air, it’s time to write again. If you keep on putting it off, writer’s block will last longer.
- Play word games. One of the words you come up with can inspire a new blog post that you can’t wait to type. If you can play with your friends, that’s even better.
- Read blogs and books. By reading, you will discover new ideas and turn those ideas into blog posts or a book. When I read a book, I write and schedule 5 or more blog posts on that day instead of the usual 2-3 blog posts every day.
How do you get out of writer’s block? When it comes to getting out of writer’s block, we all need all of the help we can get. Share your insight below.