One of my goals was to have a podcast where I interviewed people about business and social media. I decided to take steps of action in order to accomplish that goal. I looked at a lot of options such as a blog talk radio show and a bunch of websites that offered podcasting services. However, this was a lot of work. As I continued working on accomplishing this goal, nothing seemed to work.
Then, I saw someone use Google+ Hangouts. I thought, “Why not?” I had looked at many other options. What would doing some research about Google+ Hangouts do? Looking into Google+ Hangouts has completely changed my goal for the better. Instead of having my own podcast, I interview people on Google+ Hangouts.
My story of ending up on Google+ Hangouts involves a lot of struggles, but like all happy endings, a solution was reached. Whether you are interested in podcasting or something else, Google+ Hangouts will help your business soar. Here are 5 important reasons to start using Google+ Hangouts:
1. You can have multiple callers, and 10 participants is the maximum. Having a maximum of 10 participants makes it more likely for everyone to say what they want to say. If there were 100 participants on the same Google+ Hangout, either some people would be left out or the hangout would be too long and lose the interest of your viewers. You can interview 1 person or a bunch of people as long as there aren’t more than 10 people. If you have 11 people that you want to interview, you can create multiple Google+ hangouts to get all of the interviews in and ensure quality.
2. Google+ Hangouts can automatically be published to YouTube and Google Plus when they are done. By having your hangouts automatically published to YouTube and Google Plus, you will immediately be able to draw comments and questions about your hangout. This also saves you some steps towards promoting your hangouts.
3. You can host a live Q&A with Google+ Hangouts. Putting a form on your blog or your email address will get you some questions. You can even answer questions using a social network. With Google+ Hangouts, viewers can call in and ask a question, and you answer it like always. The only difference is that anyone can view the person’s question and your answer. By hosting a live Q&A, you will be able to help more of your viewers in real-time and build credibility for yourself as an expert at the same time!
4. Google+ Hangouts is free and easy to use. Unlike most podcasting services, blog radio shows, and anything similar, Google+ Hangouts are completely free. You don’t have to pay a one-time price or a monthly fee of any kind. Google+ Hangouts is also easy to use. Out of all of the products I have seen on Google, they do the best job at giving how-to instructions for Google+ Hangouts. After looking at Google’s instructions about setting up a Google+ Hangout and inviting your guests, you will be able to do all of this in a manner of minutes.
5. There’s a lot of creative ways to use Google+ Hangouts. After you get used to Google+ Hangouts, there are a lot of creative ways to use it. One creative way to use Google+ Hangouts is by giving away one of your products or telling people about a coupon throughout the entire Google+ Hangout. Instead of placing advertisements in your video, you can talk about discounts and giveaways of your products. If you don’t have a product yet, you can give away something that attracts attention such as an iPad Mini or the always popular $50 Amazon Gift Card.