When it comes to getting more traffic to your blog, social media can have a powerful impact. There are a lot of components that stop people from maximizing the potential of their social network and bring a lot of traffic to your blog. These are some ways to leverage your blog with social media and get the best results:
- Post your blog posts on social media consistently. On Twitter, I tweet about my blog 20 times every day. The other 4 tweets I send out on a daily basis are motivational quotes.
- It’s okay to have repeat posts on social media about the same blog post. Not everyone will see what you post on social media. In order to get more of your followers to see your blog posts, you need to send out multiple posts on your social networks about the same blog post. Depending on the blog post and how many tweets I already have scheduled, I usually tweet about an individual blog post once every two days. The blog posts that I tweet frequently get clicked and retweeted.
- Connect with your followers. If they have questions, you need to answer those questions. If your followers see you as a reliable person, they will ask you more questions and look at your blog.
- Add your blog’s link in your bio. This is a step that people miss. When you follow this step, there are some benefits. The benefit that a lot of people know about is when people view your bio, they may decide to look at your blog. A benefit that less people know about it that these links to your blog count as backlinks. Just by adding my blog’s link to my Pinterest account, I got a backlink from Pinterest. Having a backlink from a social network is a quality backlink which will boost your blog’s SEO.
- Quality, quality, quality. In order for a blog post to spread, it needs to be a quality blog posts. No matter how much marketing you do for a low-quality blog post, it won’t work in the long run. By writing quality blog posts, your marketing tactics will be able to work, and people will recognize you as an expert of your niche.
Social media is a powerful tool that has the potential to transform your blog if used to its potential. By utilizing these tactics, you will be able to dramatically improve your results and get more traffic to your blog.
Do you have any additional tips or suggestions that can help us all leverage our blogs with social media?
Can you explain what you mean about linking your blog to your bio? I want to make sure I’ve done that, I have a bio page on my blog…
Marc Guberti says
That just refers to including your blog’s link on your social networks. A great idea for a bio page on your blog is to share valuable articles with your visitors so they know where to start.