If you have your own blog, welcome to the club (it’s a big one). For the people who do not have a blog, whether that be you or one of your friends, these are 5 things that people without blogs should know about before starting.
- The road is tough, but the treasure is on the other side of that road. When you are blogging, you will never know how close you are to getting that big increase in traffic. It took me almost a year of blogging before I saw a dramatic increase in traffic. This picture will give you an idea of the dramatic increase in traffic your blog can get.
- Choose your URL carefully. A really long URL is more challenging to remember than a short URL. When in doubt, have your name as the URL to your blog.
- The first blog post does not get tons of traffic. In fact, that first blog post may not get any traffic at all. However, all of that traffic will come sooner or later.
- The success you achieve from blogging depends on how much time you put into it. Publishing blog posts only once a month that are always short shows that blogging does not take up a lot of time. In order to be a well-known blogger, you should dedicate 15-30 minutes a day to blogging.
- Use WordPress. Their plugins are awesome, the statistics tell you a lot about your blog, there are plenty of themes to choose from, and the dashboard organizes all of WordPress’ features where you can easily access them. Whether you use the dot-com or dot-org version of WordPress, it is the best option for bloggers.
Are you ready to create your own blog? Do you have any questions? Please share your thoughts below.