Guest blogging is a powerful way to get more traffic to your blog and to get more people to know about you. When you find options, choosing where to guest blog can be a challenge. Here are 5 things to consider so you can choose the best guest blogging opportunity for you.
- Is the guest blog related to what you want to write about? When you guest blog, you want to reach your targeted audience. When the targeted audience goes to your blog, they will want to stay on your blog for a while.
- How many times are blog posts getting shared? Are the typical blog posts getting tweeted an average of 10 times or 100 times? The more times a blog post gets shared on the guest blog, the better.
- What is the approval process? How likely is it for your blog post to get approved, and how long does the approval process take. Go for guest blogs that approve a lot and have a quick approval process (1-3 days).
- What are the requirements? Do you have to write 300 words, or do you have to write 1,000 words? If you can write 1,000 words, and you want to, then go for it. However, writing 300 words is easier than writing 1,000 words.
- What’s the Alexa rank? Alexa is a powerful tool that allows you to see how any website ranks on the web. Alexa also shows bounce rate, the daily page views per visitors, and how long visitors stay on the site. Any guest blog with an Alexa rank under 1 million most likely gets 100+ visitors every day. The lower the Alexa rank, the more visitors that blog gets.
Guest blogging is a powerful way to reach a larger audience, but in order to choose the best guest blogging opportunity, you have to consider the target audience, how long it will take for you to write a blog post that will be approved, the benefits, and the amount of visitors that guest blog receives. There are many options, but only a few of those options are the cream of the crop.