Having conversations on Twitter will allow you to build connections with your followers. However, the process of having conversations with your followers is a challenging process. There are a lot of factors that go into how many conversations you have with your followers. These are the 5 powerful factors that play a role into determining how many conversations you have on Twitter.
- Are your followers your target audience? I would rather have 10,000 targeted followers than have 100,000 un-targeted followers. Targeted followers are the ones who enjoy the type of content that you tweet about. When you tweet a good blog post, people will reply to that tweet.
- How quickly you respond. If someone mentions you or replies to one of your tweets, the length of the conversation depends on how quickly you respond. If you respond seconds later (although that rarely happens for any of us), the conversation will keep on going. If you respond within a day, you will still be able to keep the conversation going. The conversation is less likely to continue if you don’t respond to the tweet for days.
- How actively you are talking to your followers. When people go down your timeline, and they see that you are actively talking with your followers, some of those people will decide to mention you and start a conversation. When they start the conversation, respond as soon as possible.
- How big your audience is. The bigger your audience, the more conversations you are going to have. These are some ways to make that audience larger.
- How many conversations you have with people who are not following you yet. When you have a conversation with someone who is not following you yet, and the conversation progresses, that person will probably follow you. When that person follows you, you can rest assured that you will have more conversations with that person.
Having long conversations on Twitter does not have to be a challenge. By utilizing these 5 powerful factors well, you will have more conversations with your followers that last and eventually turn them into loyal customers.