Millions of people are competing for attention on the web. In fact, there are over 100,000 blogs being created every day. The need for attention is obvious, but getting and keeping attention is not easy. In order to get and keep attention, you need visitors who are going to stick around. Here are 5 ways to increase the amount of time your visitors spend on your blog:
- Add links to your older blog posts in your newer blog posts. This will give your visitors the ability to look at more of your blog post. Adding links to your older blog posts will also reduce your blog’s bounce rate. Here are some examples of this in action.
- Write quality content. Once you get someone to your blog, quality content will be the deciding factor of whether or not the visitor stays on your blog for an extended period of time.
- Get your visitors to subscribe to your blog. A subscribed visitor is one who will constantly come back to your blog. After reading your blog enough times, the subscriber may decide to look at pages of your blog posts.
- Have a menu with good options. Your blog’s menu needs to have a contact, about me, and other options as well. The more options you give a visitor, the longer they will stay on your blog.
- Show them your best. If you don’t have this on your blog already, you need the widget that shows your most popular blog posts. Many times, a blog’s most popular blog posts also happen to be the best posts on that blog. If someone sees your best, they will be inclined to stay on your blog.
By increasing the amount of time your visitors stay on your blog, your visitors will be able to know more about you. Your visitors may look at your products, contact you with a question, or buy one of your products. The longer you get your visitors to stay on your blog, the better your results will be.