Recently, I wrote a score card in order to control my progress. I was amazed with my productivity over the period of 1 week. The only thing that got scratched from the final list was scheduling 10 days of Google Plus posts because accessing Do Share got confusing to the point where I did not want it to hurt my other goals. I will provide the goal that needed to be reached with parenthesis indicating what I was able to do.
- Write 20 blog posts (I wrote all 20 blog posts).
- Schedule 10 days of tweets (I scheduled all 10 days of tweets).
- Finish 12 KeyNotes for future videos (I finished all 12 KeyNotes).
- Finish 8 videos (I was only able to finish 4 of the 8).
- Write down ideas for 20 Vines (I wrote down ideas for 20 Vines).
- Post 5 Vines (I only posted 2 of the 5).
Although I did not finish 8 videos or post 5 Vines, I was able to do all of the other things effectively. I calculated that I would get a score of 82% (B for the week). You can see the algorithm I use to score my score cards here.
This was a valuable lesson that allowed me to see how much I could really do within a week. This week taught me to take my score cards more seriously because they result in me getting a lot of work done in a shorter amount of time.
Leave a Reply