Everyone is focused on getting more followers on social media. There are millions of searches conducted every day about getting more followers on a social network. While blog posts like this one go into detail about getting more followers on social media, few people know all of the advantages associated with having a big following. While many people think that fame is the big advantage, there are 10 other big advantages of having a big following.
- You gain more credibility as your audience grows. The social media expert with 10,000 followers has more credibility than the social media expert who has 50 followers. In numerous cases, people will want to see your numbers (i.e. number of followers) before buying one of your products. Most bestselling authors also happen to have over 50,000 followers while others exceed 300,000.
- You will see a dramatic increase in blog traffic. More than half of this blog’s traffic is because of Twitter while about 10% of this blog’s traffic is from other social networks. As you get more traffic from your social networks, the traffic you get from search engines will also increase. Building a strong audience on social media is one of the easiest ways to get more social media and search engine traffic.
- You get more opportunities. When people organize speaking events, they want to choose the best speakers with the most credibility. Since having a bigger audience gives you more credibility, the people who organize these types of events will choose you to speak at their events. However, these organizers (and a lot of other people) do their research. It is easy to catch someone who bought fake followers by using TwitterAudit.
- Your products suddenly look better, and you will get more sales. The person with 300,000 real followers knows a lot about social media and their niche. Chances are if you are just like any typical social media user, you want 300,000 real followers too. As a result, many people will buy products that the person with 300,000 real followers sells. The reason your products suddenly look better and you will get more sales is because your credibility has dramatically increased.
- Your unpaid army of promoters becomes larger. An unpaid army of promoters is a group of people who promote you for free. These people tell their friends and colleagues about you. This word of mouth spreads your content in a positive way that boosts sales and ultimately allows your audience to grow.
- You have more connections. While most of these connections will be people who have conversations with you and visit your blog, some of these people will know other people who are looking for people like you. With a big audience, some of the people who are looking for people like you will be reporters, newspaper writers, the people who organize speaking events, and more.
- You become a celebrity of your niche. By becoming a celebrity in your niche, you do become famous to the people in your niche. By being a celebrity in your niche, you will get more fans. Fans are the people who will do everything in their power to buy your products right when they get launched and eventually buy all of the products that you sell. Basically, being a celebrity in your niche allows you to get more returning customers.
- Your content spreads faster. When you have a larger audience, your posts on your social networks will get shared more often. Imagine how different you would look on social media if all of your posts got shared at least 10 times. Then imagine what would happen if thousands of people shared your posts every day.
- You will learn more about your niche. As you grow your targeted audience, you will also learn more about your niche. Some of the tweets in your feed will contain valuable articles about your niche. In addition, you will get more experience in your niche as more people ask you questions.
- Your confidence will soar. Being part of a small group will make your confidence soar. Being in this small group is a way for you to say that you are good enough to be in this group. Since you are in this small group, you will also feel more confident in your expertise and in yourself. It is an amazing feeling that fully blooms as your audience grows.
Growing your following is something that many people want to do. The biggest reason people do this is for the fame, but there are other benefits that come along with growing your audience. If you want to have these 10 things have an impact on you and your social media strategy, then you need to grow your social media audience. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips? Please share your thoughts and advice below.