Looking back at the journey I have taken, I decided to look back and identify what allowed me to do what I do as a teenager. While I have mentioned multiple times about having good parents, a desire to become successful, and other things as well, there is something else that affects success: the individual. In order to boost your chances of becoming successful, you also need to boost your self-confidence. While some people believe genetics have an impact on self-confidence, I have a firm belief that anything can be acquired over time with hard work and dedication. It is possible to become an Olympian after a lot of hard work and dedication. It it possible to make $1 million every year after a lot of hard work and dedication. It is also possible with a lot of hard work and dedication to boost your self-confidence. Here are 7 ways to bring up your self-confidence so you can live a happier and more successful life.
- Give yourself goals. Giving yourself goals gives you a reason to do the work required to become successful. It is important to write all of these goals on a piece of paper so you can remind yourself of those goals every day. Then, put a giant checkmark in front of the goals that you accomplish. It is important to only give yourself weekly goals so you are able to see good results. If you only give yourself monthly–or worse–annual goals, it will take a long time to get those goals accomplished and your morale will go down. Giving yourself weekly goals that require some discomfort but are manageable will bring forth the best results.
- Dream big. Before they become successful, the successful people were big dreamers. They envisioned what their future lives would look like and how they would become successful. Dreaming big and knowing that those dreams will come true will give you more self-confidence because you know that great things are heading your way.
- Learn more about your niche. This will allow you to become a better expert and know a lot about your niche. Knowing a lot about your niche will make you feel more confident when people ask you questions about your niche.
- Listen to motivational videos and read motivational quotes. They do work. Some of these motivational videos and quotes have the power to change your entire outlook on life and success. Knowing that success is on the other side of fear motivated me to conquer the fears that held me back.
- Watch less TV. Watching TV is an easy way to lose self-confidence because it hinders productivity and growth to the point where time management and achieving your dreams looks impossible. In addition, some of the TV shows create the “I wish” mindset. I have watched all three Iron Man movies, and it is easy to imagine that there are people who constantly wish they were as rich as Tony Stark. No one should watch more than five hours of TV within a given week. It is simply too dangerous for your self-confidence.
- Play more video games. As if teenagers needed another excuse. Playing the ones that you win a lot in are the ones that boost self-confidence. Although you will not be able to win every challenge (in the video game and in life), you will always have the desire to win. If you choose to play video games, be sure to limit your activity to a maximum of 1 hour every day.
- Focus on one task at a time. Focusing on one task at a time will allow you to get all of your tasks done faster which in return boosts your self-confidence. There are few things more frustrating as an entrepreneur to go back and forth between ideas and constantly shifting your focus on other projects before you get to finish old ones. Save yourself this frustration and give yourself something good to look at by focusing on one task at a time.
Boosting your self-confidence will without question allow you to live a better life. Having self-confidence will give you the faith you need in yourself to creates better products and grow your business in a way that you previously thought was never possible. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips? Please share your thoughts and advice below.