Facebook is the largest social network and the second most popular website on the web. If you can optimize your Facebook posts so more people share them, you can potentially reach hundreds of thousands of people. The great news is that in terms of getting people to share your Facebook posts, you have the advantage. Facebook is a social network that encourages oversharing. Clicking like or share is all someone needs to do to get 20% of their friends on Facebook to see your post. Since more people will be encouraged to share your post, this will create a strong ripple effect. In order to get the ripple started and get people to share your Facebook posts, follow these 10 tips.
- Grow your Facebook Page. The more people you have on your Facebook Page, the more people will be able to like your posts and share them on Facebook.
- Post on your Facebook Page every day. People like consistency. If you post on your Facebook Page every day, people will know to look on your Facebook Page for new posts that they can like and share with their friends.
- Include pictures in your Facebook posts. Facebook posts with pictures get more engagement than the Facebook posts without pictures. Find a way to incorporate a picture into all of your Facebook posts.
- Tweet your Facebook posts. If you have a targeted following on Twitter, those people would be very happy to share your Facebook posts. You can engage with an audience you have already build to grow your audience on Facebook.
- Promote your Facebook posts on your blog. A blog is a great place to promote any of your social media posts. Embed your Facebook posts on your blog so people can like, comment, and share your Facebook posts on your blog.
- Get more Facebook likes. If you have a Facebook post with a powerful message, then sure, people will share it. However, people tend to share what is popular. Having thousands of likes for your Facebook Page will tell people that your Facebook Page is popular. The more popular a Facebook Page is, the more comfortable someone on Facebook will feel to like and share your posts.
- Promote your Facebook post using Facebook Advertising. It may be better to promote your Facebook Page instead of a post, but regardless, more people will be able to see your post which means more people will share that post.
- Post something that people would want to share. Whether your post is comical or motivational, you need to post something with a central message that your target audience would like and want to share.
- Offer a giveaway. Anyone who shares any of your Facebook posts for an entire week can be eligible to win a free prize. This giveaway will encourage more people to share your Facebook posts, and the word will spread. Soon enough, you will have hundreds of people sharing your Facebook posts just to be eligible for the free prize.
- Get more friends. Whether you have a Facebook Page, a personal account, or both, getting more friends on Facebook is a pivotal way to get more people to share your content. In most cases (for the people who don’t have famous businesses or aren’t famous…yet), the success of a Facebook Page starts with a group of friends. Those friends like and share your posts, and that shows interaction is going on. Then, more people see your Facebook Page and decide to share your posts. Soon enough, your posts are averaging hundreds of likes and shares every day. It all starts with a group of friends.
Getting more people to share your Facebook posts will allow your content to spread. Think of what would happen if people shared your blog posts hundreds of times on Facebook. That would equate to thousands of visitors that you would have never had. Although there are people leaving Facebook, it is still currently the largest social network out there. Getting hundreds and eventually thousands of people to share your Facebook posts would allow you to build a powerful presence on the web.
What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips to get more visibility and shares for a Facebook post? Please share your thoughts and advice below.
love your article, Is there a better way for increasing Facebook followers without advertisement for low budget companies as using friends you cannot target international audiance.
Marc Guberti says
Post valuable content (especially pictures) 4-10 times every day so your posts spread and attract more attention. Ask your friends to promote your content as well. Keep on experimenting and use Facebook Page Insights to know when most of your audience is on Facebook.
I’ve participated in group giveaways. That one thing changed the visibility of my page a ton.
Marc Guberti says
I’m happy to hear that you participated in several giveaways that impacted your visibility. Once you participate in one giveaway, you become more comfortable with participating in the second and third giveaways. Group giveaways work like a charm too. Thank you for pointing that out.