There are some days as bloggers when we feel powerful and have the ability to constantly think of ideas and write about them. There are other times when writing a blog post feels impossible not because of the writing aspect, but because we don’t know what we want to write about. There are plenty of topics to choose from, but as we write more blog posts, we avoid writing a blog post that sounds identical to a blog post that already got published on the blog. Although thinking of content to write about has its challenges, it is important to get through that challenge by all means necessary so we are able to write more content and publish blog posts at a consistent rate. Here are the 5 ways to do that.
- Create knock-offs of your older blog posts. If you wrote a blog post that contains 100 tips, you can go more into detail about 10 of those tips on one of your blog posts and repeat that 9 more times.
- Go back to your first few blog posts. Chances are those first few blog posts are really bad, and you have no idea why they are on your blog. There will be plenty of ideas in those older blog posts that you wished you portrayed more clearly or were able to include links to your other blog posts. Now you have the opportunity to expand on the topics you wish you went more into depth about. You can write blog posts related to one of your first blog posts. Although that first blog post may still be decent (or really bad), you have the ability to write another blog post and redeem yourself at the same time.
- Watch videos and read blog posts related to your niche. Some of the concepts in videos and blog posts that you listen to and read can turn into your future blog posts. You may be amazed by what someone wrote or said, and you will combine your knowledge with their knowledge to write a blog post.
- Take a break from the computer. When you are on the computer, there is a constant desire to be able to write and work (or procrastinate instead). Taking a break from the computer eliminates that element and gives you more time to think of topics to write about.
- Read books. Blog posts are good, but if you read the right book, it is going to be more beneficial. The right books have a plethora of topics that you can write about for your future blog posts. In addition, reading more books will make you a better writer.
By easily being able to find ideas for your blog posts, you will be able to write at a faster rate, have more blog posts scheduled into the future, and increase the likelihood that your blog posts are quality content. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips? Please share your thoughts and advice below.