Entrepreneurs are individuals who break out of the status quo to pursue their own dreams. Even if they may not make a lot of money in the beginning, entrepreneurs pursue their dreams instead of looking for survival jobs. All entrepreneurs have several characteristics. In an earlier blog post, I mentioned six characteristics that every successful entrepreneur has. Since then, I have learned more about entrepreneurship, and I will continue learning about it. As a result, I have been able to come up with six completely different characteristics that every entrepreneur should have.
- Have an optimistic attitude. Every entrepreneur faces obstacles. An entrepreneur’s success is dependent on how he/she responds to the obstacles. If the entrepreneur remains optimistic about their journey, that entrepreneur will make enough mistakes to get one thing right, and getting one thing right can be the difference between a survival job and a multimillion dollar business.
- Risk taking. Entrepreneurs need to be willing to make risks. The safe game is no longer safe because there are too many people playing that game. In order to stand out as an entrepreneur, you need to take risks so people see you as a remarkable entrepreneur.
- The desire to experiment. There is no rule book for your niche to break from the norm. There are several ways to break from the norm, but the only way you will know whether your method worked or not is by giving it a try. You may need to conduct numerous experiments before coming up with the one that works.
- Entrepreneurs accept that failure happens but don’t get stopped by it. Successful entrepreneurs realize that failure is inevitable, but they also realize that success is inevitable. After failing so many times, entrepreneurs learn enough about their niche that they get it right. Getting it right and having the product or service deliver the way you expected it to is when the magic starts to happen.
- Entrepreneurs are willing to work for 80 hours to avoid working for 40 hours. Shark Tank’s Lori Greiner came up with a humorous but true statement about entrepreneurs. We work more to avoid less work. The only difference is that after everything pays off, entrepreneurs are able to live in a way that most people can’t.
- Entrepreneurs utilize their leverage. We have more leverage than we realize. Technology has torn away communication limitations, information-obtaining limitations, and even the age limitation. Even in a world with more leverage, not every entrepreneur is utilizing that leverage. The successful entrepreneurs are utilizing the leverage around them to thrive and create superstar products.
Those are the six other characteristics that every entrepreneur has. You can see the other six characteristics here. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any other entrepreneurial characteristics you would like to share? Please share your thoughts and advice below.
Leave a Reply