We all enjoy using our social networks. Some people use those social networks to talk with their friends, others use their social networks to keep in touch with famous peoples’ updates, and others use social networks to promote their blogs. Regardless of how you use social media, it is a powerful tool that can be used to build awareness for you and your brand. Here are 7 of the things that social media can do for you:
- Boost your credibility. There are a lot of benefits to boosting your credibility. Growing your presence on your social networks is a great way to grow your credibility. The average person would rather go to the consultation session with the person who has 10,000 followers than the consultation session with the person who has 1,000 followers.
- Gives you more opportunities. As you interact with more people, you will interact with more people who have opportunities. Some of the people you interact with may be organizing business summits that you can take a part in as a public speaker. As you grow your audience, you will eventually encounter people who will offer you opportunities.
- More sales. Having a big audience on social media means more potential customers. Having your blog optimized is not enough to get more sales. People need to be visiting your blog in order for the optimized look to have any effect, and growing your presence on your social networks is a great way to build that audience who will want to buy your products.
- Word of mouth marketing increases. The only way for word of mouth marketing to work is by people knowing about you. If you have a big audience on your social networks, more word of mouth takes place. Then, your audience grows because some of the people who heard about you will decide to follow you too.
- You get to interact with customers anytime. In brick and mortar stores, the customer buys a product, leaves, and the people in the store can’t interact with that customer until he/she comes back. Social media is different. You can interact with your customers at anytime to ask how they like your product, if they would like to leave a review, and if you can help them utilize your product along the way. Social media allows you to have efficient customer service, and having a big audience of customers who are asking questions will further establish that you are great at customer service (potential customers will love this).
- Boost your blog’s traffic. If you are looking for a way to get more traffic, then look no further than building your social media audience. Although it is necessary for long-term success, SEO is overrated. It is your social networks that will generate a bulk of your audience, and as your social media traffic grows, your search engine traffic will also grow.
- Bragging rights. Don’t take bragging rights the wrong way. Most people think of the bad version of bragging rights that goes along these lines, “I have 100,000 followers on Pinterest. I’m super cool, and you’re not.” That is a bad way to brag about a big accomplishment. The ideal way to use bragging rights is just to mention them. Just saying that you have 100,000 Pinterest followers will get some gasps from the audience. Bragging rights can be powerful, if used responsibly.
Social media is the most powerful tool on the web to build an audience and your presence on the web. As you grow your presence, you will gain all seven things on this list. What are your thoughts about the list? Does social media do something for you that was not mentioned on this list? Please share your thoughts below.
Leave a Reply