There are plenty of ways to make money with a blog, but most of the methods people tell you about are overrated. Putting up ads on a blog is an overrated way to make money. When someone clicks on an ad, you lose a visitor (potential customer, potential subscriber, and potential follower) and get two cents. There are better ways to make money from your blog that encourage your visitors to frequently come back to your blog. Here are the five best ways to make money with a blog:
- Sell your books. If you have not written a book yet, you can write and self-publish that book on Amazon for free. Some self-published authors have been able to make six figures with their books.
- Create a training course. Providing a training course will allow your visitors to realize that you are a top-notch expert in your niche. Some of those visitors will decide to buy your training course. If you publish your training course with Udemy (the easier and free option), you’ll get 50% of the sale, but if you publish your training course with Optimize Press (a lot harder, involves some coding, and costs money), then you will be make 100% of the commission. Regardless of which one you use to publish your training course, having a training course and promoting it on your blog is better than putting an ad there.
- Offer one on one consultation sessions. You can conduct these one on one consultation sessions by using Skype. This means you can have one on one consultations with people in New York, California, Japan, and other parts of the world right from the comfort of your home.
- Host a one hour webinar with a small fee. As you become more popular and your credibility grows, you will be able to get numerous people to attend a $20 webinar. Imagine what would happen if 100 people listened to the webinar. You would make $2,000 just from one webinar. Now imagine what would happen if thousands of people showed up. That’s over $20,000 just from one hour of your time. Pretty neat.
- Become an Amazon Affiliate. Amazon has millions of products available which means no matter what your blog is about, there’s a relevant product on Amazon that you can promote. When someone buys the product with your link, you get a commission. Even if someone clicks on your link, buys a product, but does not buy the product you were promoting, you still get a commission.
Those are the five best ways to make money with a blog. There is no reason that you need to have advertisements to make money with a blog. Those take up too much time and result in you losing visitors who could have become subscribers, followers, or customers. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional methods you use to make money with a blog? Please share your thoughts and advice below.
Just thinking off the top of my head. Sell a project and get it crowdfunded.
Marc Guberti says
That’s one way to make money. If you have cultivated an audience over the years, the CrowdFund can do very well.
Thanks Marc, for getting the conversation going about ways to have blog commerce without selling out. Ads never seemed like they belong on my blog – but one-on-one consultations do! Great advice.
Marc Guberti says
Thank you Ann. I am happy to hear that you liked the advice. I was never a fan of advertising on my blog because I feel as if ads take people away from my blog and ruin the relationship between me and my audience.
You know young man.. I am learning a lot from you. Your posts are spot on. Thanks!
Marc Guberti says
My pleasure Christine 😀