Productivity isn’t just a matter of working harder. It’s a matter of working smarter. This means accomplishing more of your priorities in a shorter period of time. We are always surrounded by a sea of distractions that can derail our efforts. Working smarter allows us to get through the distractions because by working smarter, we focus on our priorities.
In the infographic, there are a few things you should pay attention to:
- Blocking off distractions such as texts and emails when doing important work.
- Timing yourself for optimal productivity.
- Working out so you can work smarter later or reading something challenging. Use your breaks productively.
- Keep track of your progress. It’s a great practice to keep track of your goals. You can also keep track of your entire day from start to finish to determine how you use your time. You can discover how you waste time and then make proper adjustments to achieve better results.
- Remind yourself of your accomplishments. Sometimes we tend to forget about our accomplishments and focus on our shortcomings. This makes us feel of little value even when everyone else seems to applaud our efforts. Don’t be afraid to applaud yourself for good work.
- Working smarter involves gradual evolution. Each little step gets you closer to accomplishing a big goal. You need these steps to get towards your goal. Without them, you’ll be like a driver going from New York to California without a GPS.
Working smarter is a continuous exercise. You can never maximize your ability to work smarter because limits don’t exist. No matter how smartly you currently work, you can work even smarter.
Start by looking at how you work and commit to three changes that will allow you to work smarter. Once you have mastered those three changes, master three new changes. With this plan, working smarter will become a habit, and you’ll be amazed by the goals that you achieve.
Success! You will receive your free eBook shortly.