Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute, a UBM company and the leading education and training organization for content marketing. CMI is responsible for producing Content Marketing World, the largest content marketing event in the world. He’s also the author of five books including his latest, Killing Marketing. His third book, Epic Content Marketing was named one of the “Five Must Read Business Books of 2013” by Fortune Magazine.
Quotes To Remember:
“There’s a lot of different ways to market a product, but if I’m going to choose one I’d choose content marketing”
“If you can build a loyal and trusting audience, you can create 10 different kinds of revenue”
“This is a marathon and not a sprint”
“It’s all about the subscriber”
“There’s nothing like amazing research that’s gonna put you as the most credible resource in the industry”
“Don’t fall in love with the product, fall in love with your audience”
What You’ll Learn:
- The “Content Tilt”, how to embrace it and find your own.
- The essentials of marketing.
- How to build an audience, and what to focus on when monetizing the experience.
- How to integrate a crucial, yet rarely used marketing tactic beneficially
- How to grow your brand into a media company
- How to turn visitors into subscribers to grow your audience.
Key Links From The Show:
Killing Marketing — Joe’s Book
@joepulizzi – Joe’s Twitter Handle
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
See Joe’s book in the key links