The big reason many goals remain unaccomplished is because people do not know how to accomplish them fast enough. Most people go into their goals with no set plan. With this “blindfold mentality,” people do not know how to accomplish their goals. The only reason people remember and still try to accomplish these goals is because they were written on a piece of paper somewhere or just happen to be recalled every once in a while. However, what if there was a way to get your goals accomplished faster? In fact, there’s five ways.
- Wake up earlier. Waking up early removes all of the distractions that take place later in the day. The earlier you wake up, less things get in the way of you accomplishing your goals. Waking up early also has several health benefits.
- Give yourself the staircase. You cannot get from one floor (where you are now) to the next floor (where the goal is accomplished) without creating the staircase to get you there. If you want to write 7 blog posts every week, you would do 1 blog post every day and add steps to your staircase until you accomplish the goal.
- Write your goals on a score card. I wrote a blog post about how my first score card dramatically increased my productivity. Since then, I have been using score cards every week to track my productivity and my ability to accomplish goals within a certain amount of time.
- Improve your time management skills. Watching TV is easier than writing. Watching TV does not involve any action on your part, but writing requires thinking and the ability to turn thoughts into sentences. However, writing will help your business more than watching TV will. Many people do not know how to effectively manage their time which is why many hours get gobbled up for unnecessary reasons. These are some tips that will help out with improving your time management.
- Never lower the bar. Lowering the bar once results in a temptation to lower the bar even further. Cutting back from 4,000 words every day to 2,000 words every day and remaining that way for several weeks could eventually result in the ability to surpass 1,000 words every day. Lowering the bar lowers hopes, expectations, and dreams.
Those are the five ways to get more done faster. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips that you would like to add? Please share your thoughts and tips below.