At the end of every year, we are given a new sense of motivation. The New Year gives us a clean slate. We can start over and accomplish those resolutions. However, 80% of people lose that motivation by February and don’t accomplish their goals. In order to accomplish your resolutions, you need to stick with them. By getting a strong start, you will be able to stick with your resolutions. Here are 10 ways to kickstart the New Year so you can keep that motivation intact.
- Have a vision. Imagine what you want to become. This will give you the motivation to implement tactics that will allow you to reach your vision.
- Use Must-Do Lists, not To-Do Lists. A To-Do List sounds optional. A Must-Do List will strengthen your commitment towards getting a task done.
- Prioritize. What needs to be done first?
- Write down all of the things that inspire you. These can be motivational quotes, short stories, or another form of writing. If you want to use pictures or anything else, use them. This will motivate you to accomplish more goals.
- Use a day by day plan. Implementing a day by day plan will allow you to identify all of the tasks you need to accomplish. By planning weeks ahead, you will get the best results.
- Don’t think of the year as 365 days. Think of a year as 12 weeks. By thinking of a year as 12 weeks, you will be able to get more accomplished in a shorter amount of time.
- Reward yourself for accomplishing goals. Each time you accomplish a goal, kick back and relax. You deserve it. Make sure you don’t lose too much time though.
The New Year is the time when motivation reaches its peak. In order to keep your motivation at its peak, you need to kickstart the New Year and stay motivated from the New Year to the last day of December.