In order to get your blog to rank well on search engines, you need to pay special attention to your blog’s SEO. Search engine optimization is something that some bloggers know very well while others find it very confusing. When I first heard of SEO, I was completely confused. I had no idea how SEO would help my blog or how to apply SEO. You may be confused about SEO as well, but in this article, I am going to make SEO easier to understand. In addition, I will be showing you 10 easy ways to enhance your blog’s SEO.
- Blog consistently. Consistency is one of the keys to success. It is better to blog once a week than it is to blog inconsistently.
- Link to your older blog posts in your new blog posts. This helps out with your blog’s bounce rate which plays a role in SEO. It’s as easy as inserting a link to another blog post.
- Share your blog on social networks. Getting traffic from social networks helps out with a blog’s SEO.
- Verify your blog on Pinterest. This way, people know it’s you, and in addition, you get a backlink from Pinterest. Backlinks are important towards SEO, but if you can get a backlink from Pinterest (one of the highest ranked websites on the web), that is a quality backlink. The more quality backlinks you have, the more traffic your blog will get.
- Be a guest blogger. This also contributes towards backlinks if you put a link to your blog in your bio. People will see your name on more places in the web, and that will make people to trust you more.
- Have a Top Posts & Pages widget on your blog. This is another easy addition that helps out with bounce rate. When someone clicks on the link to one of your popular posts (which many people believe are your best posts), that will lower your blog’s bounce rate.
- Use keywords in your title. What are going to be the words and phrases people search to find you? Use some of these keywords in your title so it is easier for people to find you.
- Include tags for all of your blog posts. I recommend having 5-10 tags per blog posts because having too many tags is not good for SEO. Tags are the keywords people use to find you. If you want someone to find you for “Twitter tips,” have “Twitter tips” as a tag.
- Choose your tags and keywords carefully. Let’s say you wrote an article about getting more retweets on Twitter. A big mistake people make with tagging is that they decide to tag “Twitter” for their articles. If you tag that way, you will be competing with millions (or maybe even billions) of different blog posts and web pages. If one of your tags is “Twitter tips,” you reduce the competition size. If one of your tags is “how to get more retweets on Twitter,” you have reduced the competition even more. Choose the keywords
- Write a series of blog posts. I wrote a blog post called 5 Pinterest Mistakes to avoid. Then I wrote a Part 2. By writing a series, all you need to do is get your visitor to enjoy reading one of those blog posts. Then, the visitor will automatically look at the other one as well.
By implementing these 10 easy tactics, you will be able to see an increase in your search engine traffic. I can’t guarantee immediate results, but over the long-term, you will see an increase in traffic from Google and other search engines as well.