LinkedIn is a different social network compared to the others. Instead of followers, there are connections. When someone gets to 500 connections, it shows up as 500+ connections while other social networks show the exact number of followers someone has. LinkedIn is a social network that allows you to easily email the people who you are following. This will allow you to build your list of quality clients. In order to get more connections on LinkedIn, follow these 6 tactics.
- Send out 25-50 invites every day. You are bound to get people to accept the invitations and get more connections. The reason you don’t want to send out over 50 invitations every day is because LinkedIn usually suspend people who have a low approval rate. It may take a few days before some of the people connect with you, but if you send out too many invitations and don’t get enough people approving you, your account is in risk. That’s why sending out 20-50 invitations every day is a good concept to go by.
- Promote your LinkedIn account using your other social networks and blog. I am frequently telling others about my LinkedIn profile. The only way to get more connections is by telling more people about your account. If you want to connect with me, send me an invitation here. I will connect with anyone who requests it.
- Send invitations to people who viewed your profile. If someone viewed your profile, they know about you. When you send these people invitations, they are more likely to say yes. As you get more people approving your invitations, send more out.
- Don’t use the automated LinkedIn message. I won’t penalize anyone who uses the automated LinkedIn message when they connect with me, and I’m sure other people do the same. However, there are some people who will not connect with anyone who uses the automated LinkedIn message. In addition, by not using the automated message, you are more likely to have the person say yes to the invitation.
- Use LinkedIn’s search to find people who are likely to connect with you. LinkedIn’s search will allow you to find people who share your interests or are in the same niche. By finding these people, you will be able to identify the people who are more likely to connect with you.
- Send invitations to your friends. This one seems like an obvious one, but many people overlook the benefits of connecting with friends. This is especially important for the new people on LinkedIn who have only a few connections. If you send an invitation to a friend, that person is almost guaranteed to connect with you on LinkedIn. As the number of connections build, people will search for you on LinkedIn and connect with you.
Getting connections on LinkedIn will allow you to interact with other people in a way that is different from other social networks. Getting connections on LinkedIn does not have to be challenging, and implementing these tactics will eventually make you become one of those people with 500+ connections.