Your Klout score allows people to know how influential you are on the web. Having a high Klout score can give you more opportunities and more admiration from others in your niche. Whether your Klout score is in the 70’s, 60’s, 50’s or below that, increasing your Klout score is a great way to increase your influence on the web. Many times, when people see someone in their niche with a high Klout score, they are automatically influenced by that person. Since the first time I saw Jeff Bullas’ Klout score, I have been actively reading his blog posts and subscribed to his blog.
There are benefits to having a high Klout score, but in order to boost your Klout score, follow these 8 tips:
- Build a targeted following. In order to build a targeted following, find people in your niche with over 100,000 followers and follow their followers. Make sure the people you follow through this method are the people who are likely to follow you back. Following a targeted audience will result in more people mentioning you and starting conversations with you as well.
- Tweet content that is worthy of retweets. Retweets are a factor towards boosting your Klout score. By tweeting quality content, you will get more retweets which in turn will boost your Klout score. An easy way to get more retweets is by tweeting inspirational quotes and amazing pictures.
- Build a following on your other social networks. Klout score is based on the accumulation of your social networks. The more social networks you have, the higher your Klout score will be. By being influential on multiple social networks, your Klout score will rise.
- Host a giveaway that requires people to mention you in order to win. As the amount of people mentioning you increases, your Klout score will increase as well. Increasing your Klout score is one of the many benefits of hosting your own giveaway.
- Turn your followers into big fans. Not all of your followers will go from followers to fans, but your fans are more likely to engage with you on your social networks and share your posts.
- Interact with your followers…a lot. The more you interact with people, the more your Klout score increases. If someone shares your article, thank that person for sharing your article. That way, your Klout score increases, and that person is more likely to share more of your articles as well.
- Ask your friends for help. If your friends retweet your tweets, like your pictures, and interact with you on social networks, they are contributing to your Klout score. Ask them to help out, and they will probably say yes.
- Be consistent and stick with it. If you stick with it, you are going to see your Klout score rise dramatically. Soon enough, you will see your Klout score going from the 40’s to the 50’s and beyond.
By boosting your Klout score, you will be given more opportunities to network with the people in your niche. In addition, more of your followers will turn into loyal customers who become eager to buy your products.
Carl Ramallo says
I enjoyed your article very much, however, Klout is having some algorithm issues,etc.that need to be corrected…. hopefully they will get around to take care of that right away.
Marc Guberti says
Klout should be able to get around it, and since it is the most used way to track influence, Klout will continue to be the leader in that area.