It is critical to have more blog subscribers. These people get your blog posts via email, and in today’s world, it is almost impossible to ignore a new message in the inbox. When you publish a blog post, your subscribers’ inboxes will each have a new message–your blog post. After that, your subscriber will read the email, and if they like your blog post, that subscriber may decide to visit your blog and see what other content is up there. These 7 tactics will allow you to get more subscribers for your blog.
- Consistently post new content. If your last blog post was from a month ago, your visitors will be less likely to subscribe. If you are adding new content to your blog every day, your visitors will be more likely to subscribe.
- Offer your subscribers a free report or free video. If you offer something for free to your subscribers, they will be more likely to subscribe to your blog. I was stuck at 10 subscribers for a very long time (most of those subscribers were family and friends). Then, I decided to offer a free 22 minute How To Master Pinterest Video Tutorial. Now I am getting multiple subscribers every day.
- Create a powerful presence on one or two social network. As my presence on Twitter and Pinterest become stronger, that translates into more blog traffic. In fact, more than 75% of my visitors come from my social networks.
- Make your subscription form easy to see. If your visitor has to scroll down in order to see your subscription form, it’s not easy to see. Your visitor should be able to see your subscription form right when they see your blog’s homepage. There are no exceptions for this one.
- Write quality content. Once you are getting visitors to your blog, quality becomes king. In order to gain (and keep) subscribers, you need to write quality content. If you do that, your visitors and subscribers will come back for more.
- Keep your visitors on your blog for a long period of time. If you reduce your blog’s bounce rate, more of your visitors will read more of your blog posts. If you keep someone on your blog for a longer period of time, they are more likely to subscribe to your blog and eventually buy your products.
- Tell your friends about your blog. Your friends are very likely to subscribe to your blog if you tell them about it. Show them what your blog looks like, tell them what your blog is about, and then tell them that they can subscribe to your blog by entering their email address. However, it is also important to avoid peer pressuring anyone to subscribe to your blog. Only tell the friends who take an interest in what you do and would be the types of people who would enjoy what you write.
Those are 7 tactics towards getting more blog subscribers. Do you have any additional suggestions or thoughts about this blog post? Please share your thoughts and suggestions below.