There are some people on Facebook who do not receive many comments for their Facebook posts while there are others who regularly get thousands of comments for their posts. Getting more comments on your Facebook posts will allow you to interact with your audience and build more connections in the process. The businesses that see the best results from their Facebook pages are also the ones getting thousands of comments for their Facebook posts. Comments are an important way to show people you are popular, and in this blog post, I am going to share with you 10 different ways to get more comments on your Facebook posts.
- Get more friends. This is a simple and easy way to get more comments on your Facebook posts. The person with 1,000 friends on Facebook (whether those 1,000 friends are really friends or just acquaintances in real life) is going to get more comments for their posts than the person with 50 friends.
- Post things that people would want to comment on. Did you have a fun time at Bermuda, buy a big house, have some really cool fan art for your fans, or feel like being motivational? Those are some of the many things that people will comment on. This is a common sense tip, but few people tend to take this one seriously.
- Include pictures. It has been proven on every social network that including a picture will result in more likes. Saying that you are in Bermuda and taking a picture of the pink sand and posting it on Facebook are two different things.
- Ask questions. Do you think Mark Sanchez should have stayed with the Jets? Do you think aliens are going to invade the earth? Asking questions will encourage people to leave their opinions–in the form of comments.
- Be comical. A joke always gets the job done. People will either tell you that your joke was really funny or let you know how bad it was. Either way, you get more comments on your posts.
- Interact with the people who leave comments by tagging them. By tagging people on Facebook, they will be notified on Facebook and through their email that they were tagged. This will allow conversations to eventually develop into strong connections.
- Comment on other people’s Facebook posts. By commenting on other people’s posts on Facebook, you will encourage others to return the favor by leaving a comment on one of your posts.
- Be active on Facebook. In order to be noticed, you need to be very active on Facebook. If you are not posting on Facebook at least 3 times every day, you are not getting as many likes and comments on your posts as you could be getting.
- Use direct messages to have conversations with the people who have already left comments. These conversations will allow you to interact with your friends and customers and build strong connections. Direct messaging someone says that they are special because the message is private.
- Promote your Facebook account or business page on your blog. The people who visit your blog would be eager to see where you are on other social networks. As you continue to build your presence as a blogger, some people will feel honored when you tag them, like one of their posts, or reply to someone’s comment.
Those are the 10 ways to get more comments on Facebook. As your Facebook posts get more comments, your readership will grow, and you will be able to build stronger connections. What are your thoughts about the list, and do you have any additional tips you would like to share?