WordPress is the best place to create a blog. Whether you are using WordPress.com to create a free blog with the WordPress domain, or you are using WordPress.org to host a blog with your own domain, WordPress beats all of the other competitors. If you are deciding where you need to create your first (or next) blog, here are five reasons why you need to use WordPress.
- WordPress offers many themes. Not only is there variety, but most of the themes on WordPress are free. There are even categories that you can use to identify the perfect theme for your blog.
- WordPress has really good statistics. WordPress shows you the amount of visitors and views you got in any given day ever since your blog was created. WordPress also shows which countries view your blog the most, which links on your blog are getting clicked, and which referrers are driving traffic to your blog. If you want to access the statistics for a particular day, you can learn how to do that here.
- The WordPress dashboard makes WordPress easy to use for everyone. The dashboard lays out all of your options. The dashboard shows you exactly where you need to go to write a new blog post, and WordPress already gives you a form to write your new blog posts.
- There are countless plugins you can use to enhance your blog (WordPress.org). WordPress.org offers its members plugins that they can use to enhance the quality of their blog. These are some of the plugins that I use to get more shares, increase my blog’s speed, and get more engagement on my blog.
- WordPress has an above average support forum. If you have a question, someone in the support forum will answer it. While other blogging options do not have support forums (or they are well below average), WordPress beats the competition in providing a quality support forum that will get most questions answered.
Those are five reasons to use WordPress. What are your thoughts on the list, and in addition, why do you use WordPress? If you do not use WordPress, why do you use the other option instead?