Customers need to have a reason to buy a product. Once the customer buys your product, they need another set of reasons to become a returning customer. One of the reasons customers will buy your products is if you engage with those customers. Many people miss the importance of engaging with their customers. Engaging with customers gives them a reason to buy your products and come back. Engaging with the customers shows them that you care about them. In order to engage with your customers, follow these tactics.
- Use social networks and reply to the people who mention you. Thank the people who share your blog posts and buy your products. Thanking someone shows that you appreciate that someone read, shared, and/or bought your content. If someone buys your eBook, ask that person what their favorite part of your eBook is and strike a conversation. As the conversation develops, ask that person if they would write a review for your eBook.
- Allow people to contact you on your blog. Some people prefer to email their questions than to ask them. If you allow people to contact you through email, you will be able to build stronger connections with your customers. For your email signature, include links to your social networks and products so the interaction can continue.
- Build your credibility. In order to get people to contact you, you need to be someone who is worth contacting. The bestselling author who is crushing it on Kindle is the person worth contacting. The professional athlete is someone worth contacting. Make yourself worth contacting so more of your customers contact you.
- Respond to emails as quickly as possible. I respond to emails every day for 30 minutes in the afternoon. That is the ideal time for me to respond emails because I do not write as many words in the afternoon.
- Build an email list. Promote a free product in your eBooks so you can capture your reader’s email address. By building this list, you will be able to identify all of your customers. Amazon does not make it easy to identify the people who bought your products. However, if you get people to enter their email address to gain access to a free product, you will be able to identify your customers. Then, send those customers a personalized message thanking them for buying your product. After that, be sure to stay in touch with that customer.
Those are the 5 ways to engage with your customers. Engaging with your customers is one of the most underrated ways of boosting your sales. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips you would like to mention? Please share your thoughts and tips below.
Leave a Reply