YouTube is a free and easy way to upload videos on the web that anyone can see. Getting a lot of people to view those videos is the hard part. Even though YouTube gets billions of unique visitors every month, some videos on YouTube have no views while others have less than 10 views. For a long time, I noticed a common trend with my YouTube videos: I was not getting a lot of views. I was able to get 20-35 views every day, but I knew that was not enough. When I looked at these statistics, I became committed from that point on to getting over 3,000 views on YouTube every month. It’s a starting point which will allow me to expand on YouTube.
In order to get these extra views, I went to the same source that made this blog popular: my social networks. Using my social networks to promote my YouTube videos had a big impact on the views, likes, and subscribers my channel received. Having 100,000 readers did help, but the main concept of using social networks is to reach out to the audience that you already have. These are the five ways that you can promote your YouTube videos on your social networks.
- Tweet about your YouTube videos at least four times every day. There’s nothing bad with tweeting a lot of content every day. On a typical day, I send out 90 tweets. No one seems to be bothered by it, and ever since I sent out that many tweets every day, I have been getting more engagement for those tweets and followers. As you upload more YouTube videos, you should also consider tweeting about five of your YouTube videos every day. The more the better, but it needs to be consistent.
- Pin your YouTube videos on Pinterest. On Pinterest, you have the option of pinning your YouTube videos on specific boards based on specific aspects of your niche. This allows you to specialize your YouTube videos and allow the ideal people in your targeted audience to see those videos. If you include an annotation in your video that allows people to subscribe to your channel by clicking the annotation, you will be able to get more YouTube subscribers right from Pinterest.
- Use a Facebook Page to promote your YouTube videos. Facebook is a social network that encourages oversharing. If you have a good YouTube video, people will be very likely to share that video. All it takes is the click of a button, and someone has shared your video with 20% of their friends. Then, as more people continue to share your video, it will go viral on Facebook and ultimately lead to thousands of views in a matter of hours.
- Use GooglePlus To Promote Your YouTube Videos. GooglePlus and YouTube are both Google products that have a big impact on where you appear on Google’s search engine. Using GooglePlus to promote your YouTube videos will give your videos an edge on Google’s search engine.
- Let’s not forget about YouTube as a social network! Many people forget that YouTube is a social network as well. People can comment on your videos, and you can respond to those comments just like any social network. At the end of all of your YouTube videos, you can promote six of your related YouTube videos. This will allow you to grab your viewer’s attention for a longer period of time.
Those are the five ways you can use social networks to promote your YouTube videos. Just by promoting my YouTube videos on my social networks to a small extent, I was able to get 50% more views for my videos. While I will easily be able to get 1,000 views this month, I envision myself following the same tactics and eventually getting 3,000 monthly views before the end of the year. In addition to promoting your YouTube videos with your social networks, it is also important to connect all of those social networks together in one of the greatest strategies of marketing known as Circular Viralocity. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you use other methods to promote your YouTube videos on your social networks? Please share your thoughts and advice below.
Leave a Reply