What allows Pinterest to differentiate itself from the other social networks is its boards. Boards allow you to categories the content you post on Pinterest far better than any other social network. Pinterest provides numerous options with their boards. Some of these options are implemented by numerous people who other options do not get implemented as much. Here are the five Pinterest tips that will allow you optimize your Pinterest boards.
- Create a wide variety of boards. Some of your boards can be business related, others can contain pictures of nature, and others can be sports boards. If you think something is a good board idea, chances are it is. The more boards you have based on different topics, the more Pinterest users you will be able to attract to your boards.
- Create a group board. Group boards allow you to systematize Pinterest. If you have hundreds of contributors for your group board, you can rest assured that people will update that group board for you. When you are logged in, you can add pins to your other boards because a group board with hundreds of contributors is bound to get thousands of pins added to it every week.
- Have strong descriptions for each board. In some cases, people follow a board because it has a strong description. It may only take you a few minutes to come up with a strong description, but it will help you get more followers in the long run.
- Choose the cover picture carefully. The more pins you have on your board, the more choices you have for the cover picture. A good rule of thumb for the cover picture is to choose a bright, stunning picture. The light colors (red, yellow, and orange) get the most attention. In fact, yellow is the first color that registers in our brains. If you choose a bright color, you also need to make sure that the picture is something stunning so people feel more enticed to click the follow button.
- Pin valuable content in bulk. Boards with valuable content are more likely to be followed than the boards with not so valuable content. However, many people forget that Pinterest is similar to an online magazine. The more content there is to read, the more people stick around, and the more chances you have of providing the content that individuals in your audience want to see. You should make it a point to have as many boards as possible with over 100 pins. Once all of your boards have over 100 pins, get up to 500 pins per board, and keep on working your way up.
You cannot be successful on Pinterest unless you create boards, but if you optimize those boards, you may be able to decrease the amount of time it takes for you to reach certain follower milestones. What are your thoughts on this article? Do you have any additional tips on optimizing Pinterest boards? Please share your thoughts and advice below.