Many people are looking for ways to get more views on YouTube. These people believe that views play a big factor in going viral and allowing their content to spread. That used to be the case, but few people know that views are no longer the big factor towards going viral and allowing content to spread.
Now it’s the amount of time someone watches your YouTube video.
That means you can get 1 million views, but if people only watch 10 seconds of your video, then it is not engaging people in a way that YouTube would start to pay attention (and promote your video). Time retention, not views, is now the key to going viral on YouTube. In order to increase the amount of time people watch your videos, follow these seven steps.
- Get more people to subscribe to your channel. Did you know that subscribers watch your videos longer than anyone else? I didn’t know either until I saw some videos on YouTube Creator Academy.
- Have a professional introduction. Your introduction is the deciding point of your YouTube videos. The more professional your introduction is, the more people will enjoy your video.
- Have an incredible channel trailer. Believe it or not, there are some people who will not know who you are. You need to have an incredible channel trailer that sums up who you are in an effective manner.
- Make your videos shorter. Just to put it simply, would you rather watch a 1 hour video or a 1 minute video? The shorter your videos are, the more likely people will be to watch to the end.
- Have two camera angles. That way, it is okay to mess up. You can continue your video with the second camera. The moment you realize your babbling in your YouTube video, you can stop recording from the first camera angle and then record from the second camera angle. If you sound like you are babbling, then people will not bother watching the entire video.
- Your videos need to be good. People will not watch a bad video just because it has all of the other factors of getting more retention rate optimized. You need to constantly practice on improving your videos. They may be valuable now, but how can you make them more valuable.
- Show people that you are popular. Most people still believe viewership has a big impact on how YouTube ranks videos. That means most people think that popularity is measured by the number of views a YouTube video has. If your YouTube videos have thousands of views, people will watch those videos from start to finish just because thousands of other people have watched those videos as well. Here are some ways to get more YouTube views.
Increasing the amount of time people watch your YouTube videos will allow you to rank higher on YouTube’s search engine where you will be able to access more viewers who can possibly subscribe to your channel. What are your thoughts on this article? Do you have any tips on getting more people to watch your videos longer? Please share your thoughts and advice below.