The first Kung Fu Panda movie was all about Po learning kung fu, becoming the dragon warrior, and beating Tai Lung. The battle was intense involving Po making sure Tai Lung couldn’t read the dragon scroll. Tai Lung ended up reading the dragon scroll which in the end, showed nothing.
So how was Po able to pull it off. Tai Lung was the fiercest warrior that none of the Furious 5 or even the master could beat. How could a panda possibly beat a snow leopard? These were some of the advantages Po had.
- The element of surprise: Out of all of the creatures, a panda knowing kung fu sounds ridiculous. In Po’s case, he wasn’t that fast, and he struggled a lot in the beginning. It was pitiful. Tai Lung thought he would easily beat Po and read the dragon scroll. Po proved to put up a good fight, but he didn’t just do that. He won.
- Po cares for others: Po was told by his master to leave the fight and run away with the dragon scroll. When Tai Lung attacks Po’s master, Po goes back to fight Tai Lung. Po worried that his master wouldn’t be able to beat Tai Lung, so he decided to fight against Tai Lung.
- Good mentors: When Po was chosen to be the dragon warrior, his master trained him well. Although Po was the weakest, and he tried to run away, he was eventually able to become really good at kung fu.
- Tai Lung was overconfident: Who would expect a panda to beat a snow leopard? However, before Tai Lung realized that Po was a panda, Tai Lung thought he would easily take the dragon scroll.
- Po was patient: Tai Lung knew one of the strongest moves of kung fu that literally froze the Furious 5. This move did not affect Po. While Tai Lung kept on hitting Po to find out why his move wasn’t working on a panda, Po took the hits. Then, Po got up and did the pinky trick on Tai Lung.
- Po knew there was no secret ingredient: Although he did not know this at the beginning, he realizes there is no secret ingredient before Tai Lung does. There is no secret ingredient in his father’s soup, and the dragon scroll doesn’t give someone mystical powers. Tai Lung was after the dragon scroll just for power. He didn’t get the message, but Po did.
- Po was dedicated: Before Po got selected as the dragon warrior, he had the figurines for every member of the Furious 5. He enjoyed kung fu, and when he eventually become the dragon warrior, he was ready to take the job.
- Po Knows What Makes Him Do Better: Food! The first time Po beats his master at something involves food and chopsticks. When he has to do something that looks difficult, he imagines food. It makes him work harder.
- He never gave up: The Furious 5 did not appreciate Po at first. Everyone thought Tigress would become the dragon warrior. Po was just an “accident.” Although the kung fu warriors Po admired did not like him at first, Po never gave up on his dream of becoming a kung fu warrior.
- He practiced: Po learned how to fight in different situations. Although he lost many times, he was eventually able to get better. His battle with Tai Lung proved that Po was the true dragon warrior.
Any small business can beat its top competitor. It’s unlikely, but it is possible. Just be a kung fu panda.
Leave a Reply