Pinterest is a social network on the rise. Pinterest beats Facebook in numerous statistics. The impact Pinterest can have on a business is unquestionable. However, when it comes to the newbie using Pinterest, there are a lot of things that can appear confusing. Some people who have been on Pinterest for a long time also make these mistakes. Here are the 5 mistakes that I have seen people make again and again:
- Only creating boards and pinning about the business. People don’t just want to see pictures of your products and workplace. They want more. If you have more boards with different categories, you will be able to satisfy the needs of a more diverse group of people. The baseball lovers and social media experts can both be happy with your boards if you have some boards about baseball and other boards about social media.
- Not pinning pictures of your products or your business. Like all social networks, Pinterest is a place to promote your business. People worry about making the first mistake so much that they don’t create any boards for their business or products. You should have at least 5 boards for your business and have at least 10 boards out of the business. The more diverse your boards are, the better. If you get a big following on Pinterest, your business needs to benefit from that following.
- Pinning only once a week. On Pinterest and every other social network, consistency is key. The only way to get noticed by people who aren’t following you and to be remembered by the people who are following you is by pinning. I recommend pinning at least 10 times a day. When you get used to that rate, bring it up to 20 pins every day. It’s better to pin 10 times every day than to send out 50 pins on one day of the week and then not sending out any pins for the other 6 days.
- Creating too many boards too quickly. When you create another board, that board needs to get updated. If you create too many boards, updating all of them is going to be a challenge. I make sure I get one of my boards up to at least 100 pins before I create another board. Then, I add at least 10 pins to the new board. This ensures that the new board has some pins on it, and when someone looks at your board with 100 pins, they will have a lot of pins to look at.
- Not following others on Pinterest. When you first create your account on Pinterest, people have no idea who you are. Your account is just another one of the millions of accounts on Pinterest. In order to get noticed, you need to follow other people. As some of those people follow you back, you will begin to get noticed on Pinterest. By following others, you will go from an unknown user to one of those power users with a lot of influence. Here are 11 additional ways to grow your following on Pinterest.
Pinterest is a social network that you should not overlook. It is a game changer that has the potential to transform your business. By subscribing to my blog, you will get free access to the How To Master Pinterest Video Tutorial. In addition, you can take a look at these 100 Pinterest tips.