I am very impressed with Pinterest. I never thought I would be using it, but here I am today pinning as much as I can. Pinterest is powerful social network that is the perfect place to share your hobbies, products, and more. Here are 11 ways to get more Pinterest followers:
- Pin a lot. A majority of people with over a million followers also have thousands of pins. Don’t expect to get 1 million followers when you get your first 1,000 or even 5,000 pins, but just keep pinning. Don’t make it annoying for your followers though. Pin 3 times on one board and shift to the other. No one likes spam.
- Include pictures on your blog. This is one of the rare times this blog has a picture of it, but with a picture, you can promote your blog posts on Pinterest. I might even revamp some of the blog posts just to make my blog more Pinterest friendly.
- Comment on other people’s pins. When people look at a popular pin, they will see your comment. If your comment is the only one there, you get the spotlight.
- Pin quality pictures. No matter what you pursue, quality is essential. You need quality pins in order to get more followers. Make the pictures shocking, relevant, humorous, or meaningful. Quality beats quantity.
- Use Pinterest as much as you can. The Pinterest power users (all of those people with over a million followers) use Pinterest a lot. One person said she uses Pinterest more than she uses her email.
- Don’t talk about one thing. People aren’t going to follow someone just for social media advice. You are going to have to offer a wider variety of pins. If some of your boards are about food, create some boards about some of your favorite product. Then, create some boards about animals, architecture, sports, and anything else that you can think of.
- Be as specific as possible. Social media advice is not narrow enough. Social media advice is advice for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and so on. Instead of creating one giant board, create boards with specific niches such as “Facebook Advice” or even better, “How To Market Your Facebook Page.”
- Use a lot of hashtags. When you use hashtags, more people will find you on Pinterest. When I pin about getting more Pinterest followers, I always use “#Pinterest” because more people will be able to find me. That board is also my most followed board.
- Spend most of your time on a few of your boards. The people who have over a million followers on Pinterest usually have only one or two boards that are actually being followed by millions of people. The other boards get followed by tens of thousands of people which is still good though. Focus most of your time on one, two, or three boards at most.
- When choosing the board to work on, look at how many people are following each of your boards. The most followed boards are the ones you should work on because people want to know more about that topic.
- Get to your first thousand followers. Once you get there, you’ll get a lot more followers. This applies for all social networks. It will take longer for some people to reach 1,000 followers than others. However, when you reach that milestone, more people will start following you. When my Twitter account reached 1,000 followers, I went from gaining about 10 followers a day to gaining over 20 followers every day.
You won’t go from 250 followers to 25,000 followers in 3 days (unless you’re Andrew “Oyl” Miller). It takes time to grow a big following, but with time, you will eventually have that big following you’ve always dreamed of.