A while ago, I wrote a blog post about 5 Pinterest Mistakes To Avoid. After learning more about Pinterest and using it more often, I decided to come up with a second part for this post. Pinterest is a powerful social network, but it is important to avoid these mistakes:
- Not following others. I made the mistake of not following others back when I wrote Part 1. I decided to follow people on Pinterest in an attempt to get more followers. Before I followed people on Pinterest, I was gaining around 5-10 followers every day. Now that I am following back on Pinterest, I am gaining over 100 followers every day. More people know about following others on Twitter, but I encourage you to also follow people on Pinterest.
- Not commenting on other pins. By commenting on other people’s pins, more people will be able to see your account, and you may have a conversation with the pinner. Only 1% of an average pinner’s time is spent commenting on other people’s pins. By commenting on other people’s pins, your comment will appear on the top. If you are the only person who left a comment on a pin that went viral, a lot of people are going to see your Pinterest account.
- Not utilizing Pinterest’s search feature. When I follow people, I make sure to follow people who would be interested in what I have to say. I use Pinterest’s search engine to find popular boards about social media. I follow that board and a lot of that board’s followers. Then, I get more followers, and all of those new followers are also interested in what I pin about.
- Not making money on Pinterest with advertised pins. I am not a big fan of advertising on a blog, but Pinterest is different. You can create a board with all of the advertisements. You will be able to receive a commission for each of those ads. You can make money with advertised pins on Pinterest by using Pinbooster or by allowing advertisers to contact you on your blog.
- Not pinning infographics. It is possible to be successful on Pinterest without infographics, but they are very helpful. Mix some infographics with the other things that you pin.
Those are the 5 mistakes to avoid on Pinterest. You can take a look at Part 1 here.