There are millions of users on Pinterest, but since Pinterest is the newest social network of them all, it is easy to make mistakes. Pinterest is different from other social networks based on the way Pinterest was designed to work. Here are 5 Pinterest mistakes that you need to avoid:
- Don’t be afraid of sending out a lot of pins in one blast. If you can send out 50 pins in 20 minutes and then send 10 more for the rest of the day, that’s okay. On Twitter and other social networks, posting 50 times in 20 minutes and then only posting 10 more times throughout the day would annoy followers. It doesn’t annoy Pinterest followers as much. In addition, the more pins you have, the more likely you are to get thousands of followers. Almost every user with over a million followers also has over a thousand pins. Some of them are approaching 100,000 pins.
- Don’t pin exclusively about your business. It’s okay to pin about different things as well. I don’t only pin posts from my blog, but instead, I pin about baseball, 3D printing, Legos, and a lot of other things as well.
- A big mistake is to make your blog unpinnable. If you are using Pinterest, you have to start adding pictures to your blogs and a Pin It button. My traffic has gone up by 200% just by adding pictures to my blog and a Pin It button. Pinterest has taken the web by storm, and if you want your blog posts to be shared more, make sure people can easily share them on Pinterest.
- Make sure you like a lot of pins. The people who have liked thousands of pins also have millions of followers. Liking a lot of pins will help you towards getting more followers.
- If you pin a lot in one blast, people make the mistake of pinning from the same board the entire time. If you have a board about tips for your niche, and you send out 50 pins about tips for that niche, chances are some of those tips are going to be repeats. If one of your followers doesn’t like that niche, they may unfollow that particular board. Make sure you send out 5 pins from one board, 5 pins from another board, and so on until you reach your desired number of pins.
For more tips on Pinterest, you can subscribe to this blog to get free access to the Mastering Pinterest Video Tutorial.