Having a lot of Twitter followers has many benefits. More Twitter followers makes you look like an expert. All you have to do is have tweets that make you look like an expert, and then you are an expert. More Twitter followers can also result in stronger connections and more traffic to your blog. These are 10 ways to get more followers on Twitter.
- Follow others. We all envision the world where we have 100,000 followers but are only following 100 people. However, there are not enough people who know about your Twitter account yet. In order to get more people to know about you, you need to follow others so they have a good reason to follow you back.
- Be active on Twitter. People will not follow users who have not tweeted for more than a month. You need to be tweeting every day in order to get a stronger following on Twitter.
- Get more engagement with your followers. After you get followers, you need to engage with the followers that you do have.
- Get more retweets. When you get retweets, your name gets out there in a positive way. Here are 11 Ways To Get More Retweets On Twitter.
- Have a blog. Having a blog is very important towards getting more followers on Twitter. If people see a link to your blog in your bio, they are more likely to follow you.
- Tweet quality content. If you want to get more followers, you need to tweet quality content. You need to give people a reason to follow you on Twitter, and sending out quality tweets will give people a very strong reason to follow you.
- Have a picture of you for your avatar. Eggs and animals are not good enough for your bio page. Having a picture of you is critical towards getting more followers on Twitter. The picture of you will make someone trust you more than having a picture of an egg or animal (that shows inexperience).
- Promote your Twitter account on your blog. I have multiple widgets on my blog that promote my Twitter account. Even when you have thousands of followers on Twitter, continue to promote your Twitter account on your blog. People need to know that you are influential in order to trust you.
- Use HARO to get out there. HARO is a great way to get free PR. There are many categories for HARO, and big media outlets such as Forbes, ABC, and Huffington Post use HARO. I used HARO to get on the U.S. News money section.
- Guest blog frequently. I recommend guest blogging once every week. When you are guest blogging, be sure to have a link to your Twitter account in your profile to get more followers.
Those are 10 ways to get more followers on Twitter. Do you have any additional tips for getting more followers on Twitter? Please share your thoughts and tips below.