Over the years, membership sites have turned from experiments to giant revenue making machines. Some people make millions of dollars every month from their membership sites. More people than ever are trying to create their own membership sites because of the possibility of making a lot of revenue with a systematized process. In order to get more sales for your membership site and eventually have it systematized, you need to have these 6 components.
- Know your price and why you chose that price. A low-priced membership site ($19.99 a month to $29.99 a month) will get a big volume of sales while an expensive membership site (anything over $100 a month) will get less sales, but you will make a higher commission for every sale.
- Create a sense of urgency in your intro video. “The world is changing fast, and although there are thousands of “claimed” solutions out there, my membership site offers the real solution that you need for this problem. Here is exactly what my membership site is and has.” If you can explain that in a 2 minute introduction video, you will be able to get more sign ups.
- Have a membership site with a tiered price system. Many thriving membership sites have a tiered price system, and for the ones that do not have a tiered price system, chances are the person who created the membership site has multiple membership sites at different prices. Different prices will open your membership site to a wider audience. For $9.99 a month, people can get some of your content, for $19.99 a month, people can get all of your content, and for $49.99 a month, they get all of your content, access to a Facebook Group Page, and access to two teleseminars every month. The more options you give your potential customers, the better.
- Have the “Buy Now” button show up on the sales page three times. This is the ideal number of times for the “Buy Now” button to appear on your sales page while generating a lot of sales. Many people make the mistake of only showing the “Buy Now” button at the bottom of the page. However, this button needs to be shown three times so no one overlooks it.
- After you get the sale, have videos, PDFs, and teleseminars waiting. Once you get someone to buy access to your membership site, you need to have videos, PDFs, and teleseminars waiting for everyone. You want your members to know that their investment was worth every penny.
- Give your members a sense of direction. New members will have no idea what to do when they access your membership site. When new members see 50 different videos, many of them will have no idea where to begin. Others will freestyle, watch videos in a random order, and not get the best results from your training course. By giving your members an order (weeks, modules, lessons, etc) to view your content and introducing the content to your members in bite-sized pieces, your members will have a better understanding of what is going on.
Those are the 6 components for successful membership sites. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips about creating successful membership sites? Please share your thoughts and insights below.
Any thoughts on marketing a membership site?
Marc Guberti says
Growing your email list is the best way to market a membership site.
Hi Mark, thanks for this. Do you have any advice re a checklist or similar for where to host content? My membership site will have podcasts and pdfs and short video but as silly as it sounds I don’t know if my wordpress site ‘stores’ these or I do that somewhere else and give members links to the materials. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers, Amanda
Marc Guberti says
Optimize Press is a great tool to use to create membership sites.
Maria Rekrut says
Great advice Marc about membership sites
Marc Guberti says
Thank you Maria. I’m glad you liked the advice.