No matter what product you are selling, what niche you are in, or what your business is all about, you need sales in order to make a strong income from your business. However, many people are struggling to make sales let alone a single sale. There are books up on the Kindle have not been sold once. The main reason this happens is because the person who made the product does not know what to do in order to get more sales. I am going to provide the solution and share with you 9 of the methods I implement to increase my book sales. Whether you are selling books or toys, these methods apply to you.
- How frequently you create something new. The most successful self-published authors tend to be the ones who publish 1 eBook every month or publish 1 highly detailed eBook every year. The rate in which you create new products and the quality you can produce in that amount of time will determine how many potential sales your product could get.
- Market your product before it launches. If you want one of your products to get more sales, tell people about the product before it launches. I have mentioned my upcoming book Lead The Stampede in several of my blog posts. Each time I publish a blog post that references the book, people ask me when it will come out. To answer the question, Lead The Stampede will come out in Summer 2014.
- Write a blog post about your product that sells. In order to get more sales, you need to write a persuasive blog post. Instead of simply writing a description of your product with the big “Buy Now” button, give people a reason to buy the product. Here is an example of a persuasive blog post that resulted in one self-published author getting thousands of downloads for his book in less than a week.
- Build your credibility. An author who has written several bestselling books is going to get more sales for his/her next book than the author who started writing books a few months ago. In order to build your credibility, you need to get a strong following on a social network and have a popular blog. There are other ways to pull it off as well.
- Have multiple products available. Having multiple products gives you the possibility of returning customers. Once a returning visitor buys three of your products, chances are that visitor will buy a lot of the products that you create.
- Create a product that people would want to buy. Create products that people would want to buy. People only buy something for the quality. False! Fast food restaurants are not successful because of their quality. They are successful because of price and convenience. The three options you have are quality, price, and convenience (although all three in the same business always fails). I combine quality and price which means I produce quality products and sell them at much lower prices than the competition.
- Spread the word about your product using social networks. Find people who would be interested in your products and introduce yourself to those people. Spreading the word on social networks will allow you to get more sales and interact with those customers so you can ensure they come back for your next product.
- Get testimonials. The most successful products are the ones with good testimonials. Would you rather buy the product without testimonials, or would you want to buy the product with hundreds of positive testimonials? Most people would go with the product with hundreds of positive testimonials. When customers buy into the product, they are also buying into the testimonials about those products.
- Become a public speaker. By being a public speaker, you will be able to talk about your niche and inform people about your product at the same time. People are more likely to buy an author’s book after listening to that author talk about something in your niche for 20 minutes or so. The author’s signature also entices more people to buy the book.
There are numerous ways to get sales, but these are the 9 methods that I have used and seen good results. What are your thoughts about the list? Do you have any additional tips that you use to get more sales?