There are some blogs that get a few hundred visitors every month while other blogs are getting hundreds of visitors every day. While some blogs are getting a lot of traffic, some bloggers struggle to get 3 visitors every day. Many bloggers give up after looking at the bleak numbers for a few months. However, there are reasons why most blogs do not get any traffic. These are 8 reasons.
- Your blog is new. People do not know about new blogs. At one point for any blog, whether it be Mashable or a social media expert’s blog, was getting 0 visitors. People need to know about you in order to visit your blog. By writing blog posts consistently and building your presence on your social networks, you will get more traffic.
- You are not utilizing social networks properly. If you are neither tweeting about as many of your blog posts as you possible nor engaging with your followers, then you are not utilizing your social networks properly. You need to engage with the followers that you have so they stick around and visit your blog posts. In addition, your posts need to send people to your blog instead of someone else’s blog.
- You do not write blog posts consistently. If you do not write blog posts consistently, the people who were visiting your blog will forget about you. If someone visits your blog for the first time, and you don’t add any new content to your blog for that month, you lose the chance of that person returning to your blog.
- You do not build your list. Building a list is essential towards your success. The more people are on your list, the more customers you will have each time a new product gets launched. These are some tips you can implement to build a bigger list.
- Your blog has a high bounce rate. If your blog has a high bounce rate, that means people are visiting and leaving your blog without sticking around. You need to get people to stick around the first time so they will come back a second time and eventually add themselves to your list. A lower bounce rate will also allow your blog to get more views. These are some ways that you can lower your blog’s bounce rate.
- Your blog is not up to par with other blogs. In the beginning, your blog posts will not be as good as competitor’s blog posts. My first blog posts were not nearly as detailed as the blog posts that I write now. The only way to get better in this regard is to write every day. By writing every day, you will become a better writer which will lead to better blog posts.
- Your blog has bad SEO. Although SEO is not the best way to get short-term traffic, having good SEO will allow you to get good long-term traffic. Having good SEO will make your blog easier to find in search engines, and when you start experiencing the surge in traffic over the long-term, you will be very happy that you enhanced your blog’s SEO. These are some of the methods I used to improve this blog’s SEO.
- You don’t have a plan to increase traffic. Whether your blog gets 10 visitors every day or 100 visitors every day, you need to have a plan to increase your blog’s traffic. You need to identify the things that you are going to do differently to see your blog grow. The more your blog grows, the more sales you will make.
Those are the 8 reasons why most blogs do not get any traffic. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any additional tips? Please share your thoughts and tips below.
Leave a Reply