Time management is the most important way to get more done. While there are certain ways to get better time management such as setting the goals and giving yourself the deadline, there are certain hacks that can boost your efficiency as well. These are five of them.
- Wake up one hour earlier. The earlier you wake up, the more you will be able to focus at the task at hand. When you wake up, you need to start the day off productively by working. Some of the most successful people wake up before 6 am. If you can do that, then that would be great. If you can eventually wake up at 7 am instead of 8 am, then that’s great too.
- Be happier. Happiness is the key to success. In fact, happiness is the truth. By being happy, you will have a deeper appreciation for what you are accomplishing. You need to be happy with what you are doing in order to see growth. If you are sad at work and do not look forward to the work you have to do, you need to give yourself new work to do that makes you happy.
- Listen to motivational music. There is motivational music that simply makes us want to be productive. I listen to the classic Rocky music before running on the treadmill. In fact, I listen to the Rocky music several times while I run on the treadmill. The music has worked wonders in my ability to run longer distances on the treadmill without feeling too fatigued…or too bored.
- Turn essential tasks into habits. In order to become really good at your work, you need to turn the essential tasks into habits. When I had difficulty writing and thinking of my own sentences, I was not a professional writer. Now that I am writing blog posts and books, I have had more practice. I turned an essential task into a habit, and now it is easy for me to write 4,000 words every day during the school year. I anticipate writing over 10,000 words one day in the summer.
- Take 30 minute naps. Naps are important to refresh the mind. Studies have shown that the people who sleep for 6.5-7.5 hours every day are the ones who live the longest. No matter how many hours of sleep you get, there will be some moments in the middle of the day when you feel tired. You may feel exhausted because you did a lot of work or just because you are a bit tired. Taking 30 minute naps is a great way to relax and take a break. After the nap, you will be wide awake and ready to go back to your big project.
Those are the five ways to hack time management so you are able to be more efficient with the time what you have. What are your thoughts on the list, and do you have any additional tips? Please share your thoughts and/or tips below.