Pinterest has a distinct advantage that none of the other social networks have. Its users share a higher percentage of content than other social media users. Out of all of the tweets on Twitter, only 1% of those tweets are retweets. On Pinterest, there is a much different picture. 80% of all of the pins on Pinterest are repins. That means the chances of your content spreading on Pinterest are very high.
Spreading on Pinterest requires you to generate a small push. After you get the small push, other users will hear about you and see your pin. That results in more repins and your content spreading farther on Pinterest. However, many people struggle to get the small push needed to go viral on Pinterest. Few people have pins that have received over 100 repins let alone 10 repins. I am one of the lucky few who has been able to get one of my pins repinned over 100 times. You may want to get your next pin repinned 100 times or at least get to the 10 repin milestone, and here are five useful methods that will help you with that.
- Make your boards specific. A pin on a specific board is seen by a target audience who likes that specific topic. The people in this audience would be very likely to repin your pins on that specific board because it is about a topic they already like.
- Pin motivational quotes. Pinstamatic is great for pinning motivational quotes. Most of my repins that got over 100 repins happen to be motivational quotes.
- Pin about a variety of topics. On Pinterest, it is okay to extend out of your business. In fact, it is recommended. Pinning about a variety of topics attracts a larger audience of people who will want to repin your pins.
- Follow other people. Some of these people will follow you back, and this method has the potential to bring in hundreds of new followers every day. In addition, these people will be more likely to engage with you and share your content since they know you are following them.
- Repin other people’s content. If you repin someone else’s content, that person may decide to return the favor by sharing your pins on their account. If you repin 100 people’s pins, and those 100 people returned the favor by repinning one of your pins, then that’s an extra 100 repins that you may have never gotten.
Getting your content to spread on Pinterest will allow you to grow your audience and get more traffic. What are your thoughts on these methods? Do you have any additional methods about getting more repins that you would like to share? Please share your thoughts and advice below.