If you grow a big audience on Twitter, that audience has the potential to dramatically transform your business and get more people to know about you. Many people see growing an audience on Twitter as a challenging process. Some of the people who went through the challenging process now have thousands of followers while others are almost there. Regardless of whether you just started using Twitter or have hundreds of followers, you need to reach 1,000 Twitter followers as soon as possible. Here are the 10 steps that will allow you to get there:
- Follow people who are likely to follow back. When you follow people who are likely to follow back, be sure to follow the people who are interested in what you talk about. Take a look at their bios and some of the people they follow to determine whether these people would be interested in what you tweet about or not. Some of the people you follow will feel obligated to follow you back because they do not want to get unfollowed.
- Tweet often. Tweeting often is a great way to get noticed. The more you tweet, the more chances you have of getting a retweet. Retweets will allow your content to spread on Twitter and attract more followers.
- Tweet valuable content. Tweet the type of content that people would want to retweet. Motivational quotes, incredible articles, and videos are some of the things that people would want to retweet.
- Tweet with pictures. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. Tweeting with a picture will add more value to your tweet and boost your engagement. Tweets with pictures get 10% more engagement than tweets without pictures.
- Get people on your other social networks to follow you on Twitter. Your Facebook friends, people in your Google Plus circles, and Pinterest followers are some of the audiences who would follow you on Twitter. When you are trying to build an audience on your other social networks, you need to tell the audience you already have about your new account for a social network.
- Have conversations with others. Conversations allow you to build connections with your followers. You can also have conversations with people who are interested in what you do and can become a potential follower. It is easy to turn potential followers into followers. They just need to know about you, and having conversations with these people is a great way for them to learn about you. Here are some tips for starting a conversation on Twitter.
- Retweet other people’s tweets. If you are not retweeting a tweet once every week, then you are using Twitter wrong (if you’re going through my tweets…then you know what to do). When you retweet someone else’s tweet, that person will be grateful. If you retweet enough of someone’s tweets, that person will show their appreciation by following you. In addition, some people will follow you because they want their tweets to get retweeted as well.
- Pin your most popular tweet. Pinning your most popular tweet only allows that tweet to become more popular. When potential followers see your popular tweet, the tweet will automatically grab their attention, and then those people will follow you. A popular tweet indicates someone is popular on Twitter, and people tend to follow the accounts that are popular.
- Promote your Twitter account on your blog. Have a giant follow button on your blog that allows people to follow you on Twitter. Better yet, make sure people can follow you on Twitter without leaving your blog. This allows the connection to build.
- Get interviewed and interview others. The people who you interview or get interviewed by will tell their audience about you. Some of the people from those audiences will decide to follow you on Twitter. Here are some useful tips to finding people you can interview, getting them to accept the interview, and get people to interview you.
By implementing these steps, you will gain more Twitter followers every day. As you continue to gain more Twitter followers, you will eventually reach 1,000 followers. Surpassing the thousand mark is a big milestone that shows other people that you have the potential to thrive on Twitter. Having 1,000 Twitter followers puts you in the Top 5% of all of Twitter (based on the number of followers you have). That is a big accomplishment, and it is an accomplishment you will be able to realize by putting in the work. What are your thoughts on these steps? Do you have any additional steps you use to get more Twitter followers? Please share your thoughts and advice below.