Many authors who publish their eBooks have dreams of being able to get hundreds (or even thousands) of sales every day. However, the problem new authors face is putting in a lot of work and not making many sales. Some authors’ eBooks do not make a single sale until several months after the eBook gets published. However, it is possible to get more eBook sales. Not only is it possible, but it is also not as challenging as people think to get more eBook sales. These are some of the ways to get more eBook sales:
- Write eBooks frequently. Some authors publish 1 eBook every month. By publishing at this frequency, customers are easily able to become returning customers. However, as you increase your frequency, you need to be sure that you are not throwing away quality. If you do not publish 1 eBook every month, you do need to make sure that you are publishing multiple eBooks every year.
- Get more reviews. Contact the people who you know bought your book and ask them if they would like to write a review. If you ask a customer this way, the customer is more likely to say yes. Include your social networks in your book so you can have conversations with your customers. In addition, you can ask for a review at the end of your book. Say something like, “After you read this book, I would greatly appreciate it if you wrote an honest review for my book on Amazon.”
- Build the buzz. Many people make the mistake of not building the buzz. The people who have been reading my blog for a while know that I am writing a book called Lead The Stampede that will be published in the summer. That’s because I have mentioned my upcoming book in several blog posts. In addition, people have already contacted me on Twitter saying that they cannot wait for the book to come out.
- Use HARO to get pitches. After reading The Pumpkin Plan by Mike Michalowicz, one of the things I noticed is that there were a lot of examples of other people using various methods included in The Pumpkin Plan. Mike Michalowicz got many of these stories from using HARO and submitting a query. I decided to do the same thing for Lead The Stampede. Several people’s stories will be included in Lead The Stampede. The people whose stories are going to be included in Lead The Stampede have asked me when the book will come out and want updates. I get more sales and promote others. It’s a win-win for everyone!
- Get the big guys and gals to review your book. If you get a review from one celebrity, that’s all you need. The people who have a deep respect for that celebrity notice the review. At the back of The Pumpkin Plan is a review from Seth Godin. It did not take me long to realize that The Pumpkin Plan needed to be on my reading list.
Those are 5 ways to get more eBook sales. What are your thoughts about the list? Do you have any additional tips you would like to recommend? Please share your thoughts and advice below.