The one thing on every blogger’s mind is getting more traffic that will lead to more sales, subscribers, and visibility. Doubling traffic is the dream of many bloggers. Whether that means going from 10 daily visitors to 20 daily visitors or going from 500 daily visitors to 1,000 daily visitors, bloggers want to double their traffic. In this blog post, I will show you five different ways to double your traffic. That means you will be able to get 10 times more traffic than now by implementing these tactics. I decided to add links to some of my older blog posts in order to provide more information about certain topics.
- Use Twitter to promote your blog. When you use Twitter to promote your blog, you need to grow a targeted following and consistently tweet frequently. Be sure to start and respond to conversations. Conversations on Twitter have the potential to lead to friendships and powerful connections. I tweet as frequently as I can throughout the day so more people see my blog. Tweeting a link to your blog at 3 pm does no good if most of your followers happen to use Twitter at 6 pm.
- Improve your blog’s SEO. By improving your blog’s SEO, people will have an easier time finding your blog on Google’s search engines. These are some tactics that will help you improve your blog’s SEO, but one of the easiest ones to implement is bounce rate. All you have to do is have links to your older blog posts in your new blog posts in order to get a lower bounce rate. After improving my blog’s SEO, my visitors stuck around because of my blog’s low bounce rate, and I saw an immediate increase in search engine traffic.
- Use Pinterest to promote your blog too. When you use Pinterest to promote your blog, you need to include pictures on your blog. Adding pictures helped me get a lot of traffic, and adding a “Pin It” button at the bottom of my blog posts increased the amount of times people shared my blog posts. A great way to get more Pinterest followers is by following others with this strategy in mind. As your boards get more pins, it will be okay to pin the same blog post multiple times because people are not likely to scroll all the way down. By consistently pinning old and new blog posts, your blog will be able to get more traffic.
- Guest blog on other people’s blogs. Guest blogging puts your content in front of a larger audience. That means more people will tweet your blog posts, share them on Facebook, pin them, and use all of the other social networks to tell more people about you. While it is important to start guest blogging as soon as possible, it is also important to identify the best guest blogging opportunity for you. Although people do not always come directly to your blog from the guest post, they will see your name more often. As people see you more frequently, they will have more trust in you. With that trust, they will look at your blog posts, subscribe to your blog, and buy your products.
- Get more people to write about you. These are the methods I use to get more people to write about me. By getting more people to write about you, more people will notice you. Having a remarkable story always helps out when it comes to getting more people to write about you.
Those are the 5 tactics I used to double my blog traffic. By implementing all five of these tactics, my blog went from 40 daily views to over 400 daily views in a few months. All of these tactics take time in order to see the results. However, after a few months, you will be able to see the big increase in traffic that all bloggers dream of.