The sad truth is that there are more 9-to-5ers than there are entrepreneurs. The main reason there are not as many entrepreneurs is because entrepreneurship is downright difficult. Every successful entrepreneur has a story of struggle because it’s a giant struggle to become successful as an entrepreneur. However, the giant struggle that leads you to a successful, fulfilling life is better than going through your entire life living through the struggle (doing something that you do not want to do). That’s why entrepreneurship is powerful. Everyone on the Forbes billionaire list, and most of the people on the millionaire list are entrepreneurs.
The reason entrepreneurs are able to do what they do is because they are different from the typical 9-to-5er. Here are the seven big differences.
- Entrepreneurs do not settle. Since entrepreneurs are their own bosses, they don’t wait for someone to give them a raise. Entrepreneurs create their own raise by putting in more work and effort. The 9-to-5ers settle with where they are and occasionally get the raise.
- Entrepreneurs work smartly. If something can be done in less time, the entrepreneur grasps the opportunity. On the other hand, the 9-to-5er focuses on working hard and just thinking about the paycheck and driving home at 5 pm.
- Entrepreneurs love what they do. Sure, there are rare exceptions where some of the 9-to-5ers love what they do, but entrepreneurs get to pursue anything they want to any extent they want.
- Entrepreneurs have more control over their schedules. 9-to-5ers are stuck at work from 9 to 5 while entrepreneurs control their own work hours. Some entrepreneurs work while their children are at school while others wake up at the crack of dawn to get started on their work.
- Entrepreneurs have the potential to make more money. Most of the wealthy people in society are entrepreneurs. While the status quo has its limits, entrepreneurship has no limits to success and wealth whatsoever.
- Entrepreneurs are obsessed with their work. Entrepreneurs work much longer than the 9-to-5ers. Although that is because entrepreneurs are doing what they love to do, they become obsessed with their work.
- Entrepreneurs get to change the world. Some entrepreneurs get to change the world, and if you get to change the world as an entrepreneur, you will feel incredible about yourself. The 9-to-5ers do not get to change the world because they continue listening to and fulfilling the boss’ orders.
Entrepreneurship allows you to think outside of the box instead of staying trapped within the box. In addition, the work you put in as an entrepreneur has the potential to be very fun since you can choose what kind of business you create. What are your thoughts on the list? Do you have any other things that set entrepreneurs apart from the 9-to-5ers? Please share your thoughts and advice below.