Your blog is a powerful tool to get more traffic and allow people to see free content so they are enticed to subscribe and buy products. The main way to get blog traffic is by promoting your blog posts and getting more traffic for each individual blog posts. If 10 of your blog posts get 20 visitors, that’s 200 visitors total just from those 10 blog posts.
That means promoting your blog posts so they reach more people is essential to getting more traffic. In this article, I will share with you six different methods you can use to promote your blog posts.
- Include pictures in your blog posts and pin them. It is a shame that many marketers are not putting pictures on their blogs and are forgetting about Pinterest. Not only is Pinterest popular (it has over 70 million users), but it is still growing. Pinterest may even exceed 100 million users by the end of the year. Better yet, content spreads rapidly. 80% of pins being repins is one statistic that indicates how far content on Pinterest can spread.
- Tweet your blog posts more often. Tweeting your blog posts more often means increasing the frequency in which you tweet and the percentage of tweets that contain your blog posts. Tweeting about your blog often is entirely okay, and tweeting more frequently will not annoy your followers. In fact, tweeting more frequently will help you a lot.
- Create a Facebook Page. Although not everyone gets to see your Facebook posts, Facebook is still the largest social network of them all with over 1 billion users. These Facebook users are very active on the site and like/share other people’s content often. Here are some additional reasons for why you need a Facebook Page.
- Create SlideShare presentations. SlideShare is the social network to watch out for this year and the year after that. SlideShare has had great success with big businesses and companies who boast getting more traffic from SlideShare presentations than from audiences that range from hundreds of thousands of people to millions of people on other social networks.
- Promote your blog posts within your blog posts. The three links you see above this text are examples of this method in action. Including links to your older blog posts allows those blog posts to get more views while reducing your blog’s bounce rate at the same time!
- Email the people on your list about your blog posts. Every week, I send out one email containing all of the blog posts I wrote for the week. These emails have seen massive success and numerous clicks. Writing multiple blog posts every day and using RSS to send people emails did not work as well.
Promoting your blog posts will allow more people to see your content. Some of the people who see your content will decide to subscribe to your blog and buy some of your products. What were your thoughts on the list? Do you have a 7th method to promoting blog posts? Please share your thoughts and advice below.