There are a lot of people who are ready to repin other people’s pins. In fact, 80% of pins are repins. The more repins you get, the more followers you will get on Pinterest. If people repin pins of your blog posts, you will get more traffic as well. On Pinterest, it is possible to spread rapidly if you get enough repins. Here are 5 ways to get more repins so your content spreads faster than the competition:
1. Pin pictures that are humorous, shocking, or inspirational. Almost all of my pins on my Inspirational Quotes board have repins. Some of the pins on that board have hundreds of repins.
2. Be active on Pinterest. People need to see your pins on their timeline in order to pin them. If someone repins one of your pins, chances are that same person will look at and repin other pins on that board. When I pin something about 3D printing, that pin gets repined, but as a result, other pins on that board get repined as well.
3. Comment on other people’s pins. Few people comment on other people’s pins. However, if you comment, you will get more exposure which will lead to more followers. If you comment on pins that are similar to what you pin, people will click on your name and repin some of your pins as well.
4. Use PinWoot to get quick repins. PinWoot is a free service that will allow you to get more repins. PinWoot is the Twiends for Pinterest, and some people have reported a doubling in blog traffic just by using PinWoot to increase the number of repins.
5. Have a group board with a lot of contributors. When you pin something to that group board, some of your contributors may repin your pin on some of their other boards. Having group boards will also allow you to systematize Pinterest.